Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Research & History
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Odd cj2a

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2017 at 3:21am
Geoff, Welcome to the madness!

Do not worry about "the purists" while some of our members fit that category, they are not mean about it. Most of us are happy that you are saving another Jeep.

In my mind, this is YOUR Jeep, do with it as you want. While I am not a huge fan of tall largely lifted flat fenders, I can see the work that goes into these rigs, & those folks should be proud of some of these rigs that I see.

Some folks are REALLY into their Jeep being original. They want the bolts to have the "correct" markings. They also should be proud of their Jeeps. A small minority of these people will criticize other people's Jeeps for not being "factory Correct". These folks I call "The Jeep Police". I just ignore their comments. After all, it is MY jeep, not theirs. If they want it perfect, they should buy it from me. Then it will be their Jeep to do with as they please!

IHTH, Cpt Logger.
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2017 at 2:34am
IHTH= I hope this helps LOL

There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2017 at 12:35pm
First, welcome... and congrats!

Second, your circus, your monkeys... do what you want with it, imo.  In a way there is a relief in jeep salad in that you can just have fun with it, and it does look in decent overall shape!

My 2a came to me about 85-90 percent 2a, powered by a henry j L134... I'm currently in the process of swapping in an M38 "RMC" engine, so say the M word all you want, lol...

Edited by mbullism - 18 June 2017 at 12:38pm
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
GeoffH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2017 at 9:59pm
Thats good to know , i am off to whats known as the 'Dallas dig out' it is held at a Jeeps spares supplier here in England and it is basically a buy and sell event for jeep people so i hope to pick up some parts then .
and i will post pictures as it get put together.

Cheers 
GeoffSmile
you can't roll steam with a steam roller
GeoffH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2017 at 11:06am
Hello again,
here is a light heartedLOL tongue in cheek long shot sent out to all jeepers in the state of Connecticut which i have looked up on the web and i reckon that as it is a mere 14000 or so miles  square and home to only 3.5 souls i have the number plate from this odd cj that i hope someone might recognize I did say a long shot maybe that should be an impossible ask but hey ho hope floats right?
I have contacted the vehicle licensing dept in CT but no record from that far backUnhappy but this jeep came over here back in 2006 so who knows.
The Number is  CONNECTICUT 27982 FARM

I wonder how many Jeep enthusiast are actually in Connecticut?

Cheers 

GeoffSmile 
GeoffH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2017 at 8:46pm
Hi All  well i went to the Dallas dig out here in England it was a scorching hot day and well attended i sold a few bits and purchased a couple of things i got a nice CJ"a/3A parts list which is great because of the exploded views makes it easy to what goes where .
I could not find the main thing i was after so looked at a seller on the web called atlantic JeepPart  Co and he was very helpful and the items were delivered the very next day  . i got a 3 way switch some reflectors a couple of axle seals and some nice mirrors and arms.

I notice that the paint on the drums and other places was yellow was this a cj colour?.

In my quest to find some history on the jeep i took a long shot and contacted Chuck Taylor from  Lite 100.5 WRCH  a radio station in CT and ask if he would put out a request for info well what a star that man is he did just that and added the question to the station web page  again its a long shot you never know.

Cheers 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12