Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > CJ2A Page Member Created Parts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oil filter sealing washer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montymech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oil filter sealing washer
    Posted: 24 Dec. 2016 at 7:13pm
I purchased several NOS oil filters with the sealing washers missing. I couldn't start my resto' engine until I sourced a washer; the washers are quite expensive here in UK. This was my solution from the redundant parts box; a couple of old V belt pulleys turned to size, and a set screw to clamp them to the materiel to be cut. A  sharp craft knife and its cut in a few seconds. I've used 2 mm Nitrile rubber sheet.... because I had some in the shop.... It's given no trouble so far but time will tell.

Adrian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec. 2016 at 8:01pm
Wix filters always come with a seal, can you get them?....

Adrian
1946 CJ-2A Column Change 14605
1973 Saab 96
montymech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montymech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec. 2016 at 8:18pm
They appear to be available in the UK but I've got a life times supply of filters without sealing washers; hence my device for manufacturing.
Adrian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Adrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec. 2016 at 8:25pm
I tend to reuse mine anyway, they are never damaged anyway and I seem to have a heap of the shelf that were never used.

I am just about to do an oil change on my Jeep, 1000 miles done since the last one.

The oil is just starting to get a bit discoloured now, so some fresh oil is due
Adrian
1946 CJ-2A Column Change 14605
1973 Saab 96
Izzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Izzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec. 2016 at 12:10pm
Wow, resource full, great work.
 Post Reply Post Reply