Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Modifications from original
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

oil level

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harry E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: oil level
    Posted: 18 July 2017 at 10:54pm
what keeps the transmission oil in the transmission and the transfer case oil in the transfer case. I know there is no seal. started up the v6 and only filled the t15 as it would be left in neutral. I can see that oil is already going into the transfer case. does the oil level even out after time?

thanks
Harry
Harry Eisenhauer
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2017 at 11:04pm
There is no seal between the transmission and transfer case in these old things. They share the lube between them so if you fill up the transmission the transfer case will be slightly overfilled.
Just how it is.
uncamonkey
Johnnygeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnnygeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2017 at 4:16am
a friend with an MB was constantly adding oil to his T-84 transmission.  He called me over to help him drop it to find the leak.  I suggested we first clean everything up an see where the drips were.  Turns out the leak was on the front output of the transfer case.  A cheap simple fix.
 Post Reply Post Reply