Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Omix ada distributor.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2017 at 7:31pm
Contacted Omix. The guy I have been dealing with spoke with his "Tech" colleagues and told me to Warranty the whole distributor to Summit Racing.

Contacted Summit racing and they will send a new distributor (For free) and I'll send them the old one ( Also no charge)

Annoyed.   

Before it is said...yeah I know.
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2017 at 9:42pm
At least they're going to warranty it.  They could have said "tough luck".
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2017 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

At least they're going to warranty it.  They could have said "tough luck".

Very true.
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2017 at 11:58pm
"Contacted Omix. The guy I have been dealing with spoke with his "Tech" colleagues and told me to Warranty the whole distributor to Summit Racing."

In other words, he's washed his hands of it.  OmixThumbs Down   BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2017 at 9:04pm
Summit racing sent another distributor and I received it yesterday. So after work I installed it and it started right up I also replaced the coil and spark plug wires. Nothing wrong with the old ones and I'll be keeping them as spares.

After starting it up and getting it to run decent I drove to NAPA and got some new spark plugs. Those will go in later today.

Still have to fine tune it.

So it ended up being the pickup coil that died.

I asked my girlfriend if she wanted to drive but she said she didn't want to break it again. I told her better to right now then 3 years later. She still declined.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2017 at 3:04am
Ask the gf whether she would have thought you had broken it had you been driving when it died.  Let her know it was going to die right then no matter what and that she did NOT break it! 
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2017 at 3:11am
Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

Ask the gf whether she would have thought you had broken it had you been driving when it died.  Let her know it was going to die right then no matter what and that she did NOT break it! 

That is what I told her. I could have shut it off before she jumped in the driver's seat but I left it running. Oh well, maybe she'll want to learn another time.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2017 at 5:19am
Originally posted by berettajeep berettajeep wrote:

Oh well, maybe she'll want to learn another time.

Let's hope.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12