Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ooopsie

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ooopsie
    Posted: 03 Dec. 2017 at 11:34pm
cutoff wheel bit me...im a dumbass...put your gloves on
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec. 2017 at 11:35pm
jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec. 2017 at 11:54pm
Have you thought of the upholstering jeep seats on the side, nice and even stitches! Seriously those cutoff wheels are dangerous, hopefully you won't have any numbness from it. 

Have the brown santa bring ya some of these 

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

bretto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bretto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2017 at 1:11am
Youch!
Also a good idea to remove any rings when workin with hands.

BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2017 at 1:30am
Yup! I actually do commercial mechanical work, I've seen many photos of "degloved" fingers...awful..my ring is silicone!
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2017 at 1:32am
Won't forget those gloves ever again! LOL. On the bright side, at least it was not worse.

It is also a good idea to where a face shield. 
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2017 at 1:43am
Gloves - nah. Then you just wind up with glove pieces inside the wound. ConfusedWink   BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2017 at 1:48am
I get dumb too. My wife is a veterinarian and is handy with sutures as needed. Been there more than once.
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
Freedom21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freedom21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2017 at 3:07am
Youch!  Did you run into Greenville for those stitches?
09 JKU
02 KJ
66 CJ-5
48 CJ2A "Lefty"
?? M416
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2017 at 4:33am
  I went to get sewed up one time and the ER nurse said, "Oh, you mechanics!" I asked, "How do you know I'm a mechanic?"  She says, "It's not hard to tell. You come in here bandaged up with red rags, held in place with black electrician's tape!" LOL  BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2017 at 5:16am
As a guy I used to work for said "you have to be smarter than the tool you are using". Not that I have no battle injuries but I still have all of my fingers.
uncamonkey
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2017 at 10:53am
Yup! It's handy having a 24 hr emergency so close!
eestes1 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2017 at 11:24am
Right after I got Scabby, my 48, I went to the doctors office and asked for a tetanus shot. The nurse asked if I had cut myself.  I told her not yet, but told her what I was working on. She gave me the shot without any more questions.Smile
Rick Estes
Bill Norris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Norris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2017 at 4:57pm
Reminds me of a den meeting with my youngest son's cubscouts. We held it at a house. 5 boys in the family no girls. No furniture in the living room and dining room, but floor hockey sticks were leaning against the wall. Anyway, we watched her 4 year old jump from the kitchen counter, to the kitchen table to the coffee table in the family room. I just looked at her, she said 'no biggee I'm an ER nurse and have a stitch kit in the bathroom, actually, I should probably restock it.'

Bill
Holy Toledo! Jeep Calendars and the Dispatcher Jeep magazine

http://dispatchermagazine.com
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2017 at 7:41pm
pah-leeez... it's not like you sewed it back on LOL
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2017 at 11:27pm
This is a cabinet on the wall in my garage, we call it the wall of pain. A bunch of hospital bracelets and one eye patch. I would say at least half are directly garage related. 
cowboy64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowboy64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec. 2017 at 7:08pm
as a nine an a half finger member , i agree , nice suture job !
mam
Stev View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec. 2017 at 9:32pm
Safety Police Alert !!!!

I always stress to my people at work - the importance of safety all the time at work and at home.  

If you have a wall of pain then you probably should rethink your safety training for you shop.

Years ago the man who ran our machine shop told me that most people who get hurt in a modern shop are with in arms reach of the PPE they should have been wearing to protect themselves or the machine guards that should be in place.  He also stressed the need for a clean shop and planning your work with safety in mind.

The same goes for safety gear that should be installed/used on a vehicle that is going to be take wheeling.  Roll bars, safety belts, fire extinguisher, working parking brake, recovery points attached with grade 5 bolts (Jeep Jambo thing), and everything strapped down (spare tire, tools and the Highlift  Jack).  You don't want to be there when someone asks why there was not a roll bar on that Jeep with the injured guy and his friend in it.  Cool looking probably is not a good enough excuse if back boards, and heavy trauma bandages are required. 

A trip to the hospital is at least $600 plus the permanent damage and liability exposure.  So if there is a piece of safety equipment that can stop a trip the hospital invest in it.  

Safety Police  - OUT

Stev
1946 CJ2A Trail Jeep (The Saint), 1948 CJ2A Lefty Restored
 Post Reply Post Reply