Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > CJ2A Page Member Created Parts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

original auto-lite regulator electronic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christophe Chevalet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: original auto-lite regulator electronic
    Posted: 18 Mar. 2012 at 7:35am
Hello all's
I just want to show you my latest work on the original auto-lite regulator.
The idea was to transform an original regulator 6V -35 AMP with mechanical relay by electronic card.
Because its more stable and more stronger during time...
For this first prototype I work on VRP 6003 for an Willys Jeepster 673VJ of my father.
Big problem we have was the hot temperature!
To solve this problem, we add two radiators on the bottom and we add an temperature sensor in the electronic card, when the temperature is too hot he cut the charge and when the temperature is down the regulator charge again. We have adjust max voltage is 7,2V same as the original auto-lite regulator. Other modification from the original: we add one wire connected to the ignition switch. Because when we turn the ignition switch, the regulator prevent the battery discharge into the circuit. I will contact this wire to the ignition switch to coil. This regulator is an prototype I will install on the jeepster of my father for testing several months. Of course we can install this electronic card on Aut-lite regulator VRP 4007 for CJ2A.
I will keep in touch...
Christophe

Post Reply Post Reply