Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Penetrating sprays

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Penetrating sprays
    Posted: 29 Dec. 2017 at 1:46am
I see lots of guys on here mentioning using pb blaster for stuck whatever's....I do commercial and industrial mechanical work and I have fallen in love with Kano brand products. I use their aerokroil a LOT. Its expensive but it's the best stuff I've ever used. They have a variety of other products too. Just figured id share if there was anyone who hadn't heard of it.
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2017 at 3:49am
Thanks for the tip!, I'll look for it!.... My favorite was Zep 45, till they made it California compliant now it sucks!..... I'm looking for a replacement.
Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2017 at 4:22am
Silikroil....by Kano

GREAT stuff !! Love it

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2017 at 5:36am
I bought 2 cans of AeroKroil a few years ago.  It's never done what I bought it to do.  Apparently, it's too lazy to creep for me.
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2017 at 5:38am
We used to use a Zep product to get asphalt off our pedals in the dump trucks then one of the guys wives tried some on his tee shirts (we get big asphalt tac spots on our backs from leaning under the backs of the trucks hooking and unhooking our trailers) It was amazing. So for two years the stuff was some of the guys laundry additive.

then they changed it and its crap now. used to buy it buy the case now no one even bothers.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2017 at 10:59am
I've been working through a couple cans of zepreserve nc a buddy gave me to try... works decent.  I'm still partial to the 50/50 if I have time to let it work, though
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2017 at 11:41am
I've been using Kroil for 20 years, great stuff. I wish it were more readilly available in stores. I have a gallon can of it and spray cans. I recently ran out of the spray, but all I could find locally was PB. I don't have enough experience with PB to comment on how well it works. I also have a squirt can with 50/50 ATF/acetone that works quite well too.
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2017 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by BryanB BryanB wrote:

in love with Kano brand products They have a variety of other products too. .
   A buddy of mine gave me a half can to try I thought It worked great. Where do you find it around these parts(G. R.)? Joe
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the jeep you've been driving all your life" (Mickey Mantle paraphrase)
Lemield View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lemield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2017 at 3:17pm
I have been using AeroKroil for years. I have never seen it in a store. A friend of mine that worked for Adolph Coors gave me a can of it many many years ago. I now order it directly from the company at:

Hope that helps. Smile
Larry

1949 CJ2A "Little Stinky Green" Kubota Diesel Powered
1970 Chevy C20 454 "Big Red"
1971 Chevy K20 6.2 Diesel "Pumpkin Wagon"
2001 Mercedes CLK320
2003 Cadillac Seville
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2017 at 3:19pm
I buy it wholesale through work at our suppliers, I THINK kutches hardware on Leonard st may carry it...not 100% sure
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2017 at 4:19pm
You can get it from Amazon if none of your locals sell it. Most of our fastener stores here sell it.

I prefer Silikroil (silicone infused) over the standard AeroKroil .....I think it may creep a little better and lubes a little better...just an opinion.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

srlbotanical View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srlbotanical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2017 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by wadoyado wadoyado wrote:

Originally posted by BryanB BryanB wrote:

in love with Kano brand products They have a variety of other products too. .
   A buddy of mine gave me a half can to try I thought It worked great. Where do you find it around these parts(G. R.)? Joe

Joe - Showboat Automotive in Lowell always keeps AeroKroil on the shelf.

Steve
Steve
1948 CJ2A - The Good Dog
1997 TJ - The Trail Rig
2001 XJ - The kids ride
wheelie View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2017 at 6:59pm
The smell of PB Blaster makes me about sick anymore. That stuff wreaks and keeps on wreaking. Maybe it's a sign that it's good stuff but I can't stand it. I use ATF + Acetone almost exclusively now. 
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec. 2017 at 1:18am
A buddy of mine "man, that's one of my favorite automotive smells".     (SiliKroil)

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

mikec4193 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikec4193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan. 2018 at 6:47pm
I have found this stuff works pretty good...

this works decent too...

Made in the USA in the western part of New York State...

MikeC
I am the squirrel....
 Post Reply Post Reply