Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Photo Scavenger Hunt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 19>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar. 2017 at 4:42am
What you don't see is the body about five or six feet away from the frame, the bed/backseat area is propped against the barn along with a fender. Thanks for recognizing it as a Jeep! Next, how about a pic of your jeep at a farm, or doing farm work?
1947 Willys CJ-2A
Becca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr. 2017 at 12:14am
Okay, how about pics of how your jeep looked when you first got it? 
1947 Willys CJ-2A
LesBerg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LesBerg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr. 2017 at 6:21pm
This is my stretched 2A a couple days after trailering it home:

How about a pic of your jeep with another nearly identical jeep someone else is building? too easy Big smile.

How about either a picture of your jeep somewhere you never thought you'd go with it OR your jeep photo-bombing a picture that was intended to be of something else (jeep is unintentionally in the picture and steals the attention).

Edited by LesBerg - 02 Apr. 2017 at 6:34pm
1948 CJ2A 157713 24" Stretch "Old Ironsides"
1st Armored Div
6th Infantry Reg
3rd Infantry Bn
Headquarters Company #161

rubigo in quo speramus - "In Rust we Trust"
eestes1 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr. 2017 at 10:42pm
Maybe too late for the "when you first got it" contest, but just for the fun
of it. At the POs before I brought home.

Rick Estes
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr. 2017 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by Becca Becca wrote:

October 24 2012 when I found a diamond in rough.

Giles

Edited by Gil - 02 Apr. 2017 at 11:00pm
LesBerg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LesBerg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr. 2017 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by Gil Gil wrote:

(...stuff...)
Giles

You win. I don't think I've seen another jeep start this far from "complete" Shocked
1948 CJ2A 157713 24" Stretch "Old Ironsides"
1st Armored Div
6th Infantry Reg
3rd Infantry Bn
Headquarters Company #161

rubigo in quo speramus - "In Rust we Trust"
SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr. 2017 at 1:20am

Giles
OUCH! I'm not sure I would have tackled anything in that bad of shape, even in my younger years...although your frame looked like the original one under mine. Now 2A with a M-38 frame.

46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer(ret.)
U.S. Army Vietnam veteran and damned proud of it.

Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr. 2017 at 1:24am

Emphasis on "rough"... Big smile
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
CJ2A-CT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ2A-CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr. 2017 at 1:30am
Giles, Thought mine was bad but would have left yours where it was sitting. Thats amazing what you've done to it.... Just goes to show you what hard work and a little brain power can do. More power to you!!!!!!!!!!!!
46 CJ2a 22786 Brer Rabbit, 53 Willys Wagon, 62 Willys Pickup building with son-in-law, Jason
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr. 2017 at 2:58am
got it home and it looks good from afar but far from good or completethis jeep was hiding in a chicken coop in the end of a barn and buried under old building material and insulation

Edited by shadow - 03 Apr. 2017 at 3:01am
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
CJ2A-CT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ2A-CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr. 2017 at 3:14am
Andy, If it was in a chicken coop, your very lucky it was buried in building material and insulation and not chicken Shxt!!!!!  Looking at a 49 Jeepster this week that was in the chicken coop for twenty years and its hard to find where the vehicle is or isn't......
46 CJ2a 22786 Brer Rabbit, 53 Willys Wagon, 62 Willys Pickup building with son-in-law, Jason
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr. 2017 at 4:24am
their was only a handful of chickens at the time and what you see is a lot of pressure washing, I don't know all of the history on this one but from what I can make out was an attempt to have a military jeep , there was a star on the hood and lots of olive drab paint that was peeling off .
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
Becca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr. 2017 at 3:14am

Giles
Woah, how did you get that home?  I went to Garden of the Gods this past weekend and close (10 miles or so) to one of the entrances for the waterfalls was a Jeep rotted in half with a sign next to it.  Didn't get to read the sign cause I didn't have my glasses and no picture because the driver just laughed at me when I asked if she could stop so I could take picsCry. Has anyone else been there or saw it?
1947 Willys CJ-2A
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr. 2017 at 5:35am
I think Giles has this one,
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr. 2017 at 1:14pm

Giles[/QUOTE]
Woah, how did you get that home?  

We drove over five hours me and my brother to pick up the jeep with a trailer when we got there and we saw it ,my brother wanted to pay my gas and leave it there, I said I can make something with it.There was a lot of work to load it on the trailer.It took over 3 hours to load,it only had 1 wheel on the back of the jeep,we had to jack it up as high as possible and use a come along to drag it on the trailer , once it was loaded ,5 hours later it was home. I used the original tailgate,fenders,tub,windshield frame ,transmission ,transfer case and rear ends all rebuild. It had a motor in the back of the tub but it was seized.I found a super sonic that was a good candidate for a rebuild.I used different hood and grill for a more mb look. It should be done for this summer.
On the right is my brother Perry that help me load it and my cousin Claude on the right.

Edited by Gil - 12 Apr. 2017 at 1:16pm
Stev View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr. 2017 at 1:27pm
Gil,

Looks Awesome!  What parts didn't you have to replace?  Looks like a completely different Jeep.  Nice work
Stev
1946 CJ2A Trail Jeep (The Saint), 1948 CJ2A Lefty Restored
Becca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr. 2017 at 6:30pm
Gil you appear to have won unanimously speaking. What's next?
1947 Willys CJ-2A
Freedom21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freedom21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb. 2018 at 4:05pm
The scavenger hunt seems to have died.  Anybody interested in bringing this back to life?
09 JKU
02 KJ
66 CJ-5
48 CJ2A "Lefty"
?? M416
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 19>