Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Picked up a Bantam Trailer Today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec. 2018 at 12:54am
I think having the story is also a great part of owning this trailer.  Thanks for the comments and I hope to get some of the rewiring completed tomorrow morning.  I'm going to focus on getting it ready for inspection before I try any restoration work.  The wiring should be pretty simple and I need to add some safety chains and I should be good to go for inspection. 
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec. 2018 at 5:14am
What a great find and story, Dave!  Hope to see it out West one day.

Rick
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
dluber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec. 2018 at 11:21am
Rick,

Thanks and I'm missing the West already. 

Dave
Rus Curtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec. 2018 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by dluber dluber wrote:

Dave,
From your post of pics on 5 Dec, looking forward from the inside of the tub (above), am I seeing holes down in the corners just above the floor panel?  Would you be able to post details?  I want to see if they match the holes in mine (more of a slit than a round hole).

Also, could you document your wiring harness as you work on it?  Details on routing, clips (number and location) and if remnants of grommets are still there.  Also, is there a disconnect inside the frame to unplug the tail light, if needed.

Really like the idea you have its history.

Edited by Rus Curtis - 09 Dec. 2018 at 7:43pm
Rus Curtis
Alabama
1954 CJ3B
Bantam T3-C
dluber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec. 2018 at 6:27pm
Rus,

Time got away from me this morning, but I will keep this in mind when I get a chance to work on the trailer again - hopefully soon.

Thanks,
Dave
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12