Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Forum How To's
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pics from i phone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pics from i phone
    Posted: 01 June 2016 at 6:16am
I'm not sure what changed but I can't get pics posted anymore.
Before I clicked on the square with a tree in it then copy photo bucket link there but that's not working.
When I click on the tree it doesn't bring up the place to paste the link.

What I'm doing wrong??
Thanks.

Edited by Flatfender Ben - 01 June 2016 at 6:20am
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2016 at 7:06am
Ben, with photobucket, you don't need to click the tree square. Just paste the img link directly into the message window. That's all I've ever done.
That's what I did with this photo.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
PapaC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PapaC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2016 at 2:59pm
People have helped me a lot here and I like to give back.

I upload lots of pictures using only my I-phone. When you go to photobucket be sure to scroll down to the bottom and click on 'full site'

That way when you go to the picture you want to upload it will give you the IMG code that you want to copy and paste here. The regular I-phone app doesn't include this code correctly that you want to copy and paste unless you are on the photobucket 'full site'

Charles
Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2016 at 11:52pm

Wow thanks guys. 😃

Edited by Flatfender Ben - 02 June 2016 at 11:54pm
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2016 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by PapaC PapaC wrote:

..... That way when you go to the picture you want to upload it will give you the IMG code that you want to copy and paste here. The regular I-phone app doesn't include this code correctly that you want to copy and paste unless you are on the photobucket 'full site'.....
I'm not sure what the problem is but the photobucket app does give you the img codes:

From photobucket app, browse to and select the picture you want to post.

.... then click the left bottom "i" icon.  Another box will pop up:

... select one of the four types of links and it will copy the link to your clipboard. Then simply paste the link into your post.

To upload an image, browse to the folder you want the image to be uploaded to and choose the cloud icon (second left).  

....This will bring up a browser and allow you to select an image to upload from your camera roll.  The app will resize your images automagically.  I find the app to be faster than the full site but mileage may vary.

HTH.
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2016 at 7:44pm
You guys are way more advanced than me. I would never try to upload pics to this site from my phone. I can't even get the PM feature to work half the time without logging out then back in again!
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2016 at 7:56pm
Next time you guys have trouble posting, ie, get the red words saying you don't have permissions, try turning your wifi off (on your phone) and back on again.  if you are not on wifi, flip airplane mode on and back off again.  If I am on wifi and I get an error message, I can shut wifi off and post over LTE which leads me to believe the error has something to do with the network connection and would explain why some have more troubles than others.  I don't seem to have as many problems as some of you have reported.

Any time I am getting ready to post, I choose select all and then copy so that everything I've typed is on my clipboard before posting.  This way, if there is a crash, I don't have to retype everything.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2016 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by Bob3b Bob3b wrote:

You guys are way more advanced than me. I would never try to upload pics to this site from my phone. .....
Interestingly enough, I rarely post pictures from PC or Mac.  over 90% is done by iPhone or iPad.  For me, it is just way easier to take a pic, upload to photobucket and post on the page all from one device.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2016 at 8:07pm
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2016 at 8:08pm
Notice the above screen shot. Exactly 1 minute to take a pic of my screen, uploaded to a particular folder on photobucket, and post it here on the page.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2016 at 8:11pm
Ready, Go
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2016 at 8:11pm

And stop
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2016 at 8:14pm
Show off. WinkLOL
RSR_MK View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSR_MK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar. 2017 at 4:33pm
https://goo.gl/photos/TzzMk2LhdBBHrrj77

Test

Link works, will keep trying for pics
Would like to be able to use iPhone
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar. 2017 at 6:15pm
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar. 2017 at 6:17pm
You have to get to the image link that resides in the "lh3.googleusercontent.com" folder Idk. might have to use a different browser
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

RSR_MK View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSR_MK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar. 2017 at 7:25pm
Thanks Jeff,

I will work on it
RSR_MK View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSR_MK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar. 2017 at 11:44am
Test from Photobucket

Let's see if this family jeep ride shows up

Post Reply Post Reply