Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Picture contest

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec. 2016 at 4:03am
I have not painted anything since high school art class, (a VERY long time ago)  but if I was going to try now, there are 4 of the submitted photos I might use.

My favorite (to paint) would be the first one submitted:

This .jpg is a little lacking in detail,   if you choose,  then RickG or jpet might need to send you the original . . .     or you could just use your imagination. :-)
mike in oregon View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike in oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec. 2016 at 4:14am

I vote for Lee's. So many jeeps Thumbs Up

MIKE IN OREGON
President of Oregon Flat Fender Club.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oregon-Flat-Fender-Club/222864787838570

46 CJ2A 38007
46 CJ2A 79863
BANTAM T3-C 25314
mogger7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mogger7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec. 2016 at 5:47pm
well I was going to enter but pic's are to big I guess
mogger7
mogger7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mogger7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec. 2016 at 5:51pm
mogger7
Katiedid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katiedid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec. 2016 at 6:32pm
I'm partial to RickG's
Katiedid
48 CJ2A Waltzing Matilda
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec. 2016 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by Katiedid Katiedid wrote:

I'm partial to RickG's

Well sure ya are, you're ridin shotgun in that pic!LOL

I'm partial to your Bev Dolittle "goldenrod" pic.Clap
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
a4cj2a77 View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a4cj2a77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec. 2016 at 7:54pm
Nick's, 3rd from the bottom on page 1. I like the overhead view, contrast of the jeep against the snow and of course the star on the hood.
Phil
Becca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec. 2016 at 11:36pm
I'm going to extend the voting for 2 more days because there is a tie right now between Katiedid and RICKG for 2 points apiece with HCAT, Lee, and Nick.  I didn't see Bev Dolittle's photo on this thread though... got to have  a photo to be in the contest.
1947 Willys CJ-2A
SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec. 2016 at 12:17am
Originally posted by Becca Becca wrote:

I'm going to extend the voting for 2 more days because there is a tie right now between Katiedid and RICKG for 2 points apiece with HCAT, Lee, and Nick.  I didn't see Bev Dolittle's photo on this thread though... got to have  a photo to be in the contest.

Becca, Katiedid's photo was in the style of the California artist Bev Doolittle's paintings. She paints the American West mostly in watercolors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bev_Doolittle

Not sure whether Bev Doolittle even owns a jeep, but I doubt it.

BTW, I like your idea of the contest...more pictures of jeeps!!!
46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer(ret.)
U.S. Army Vietnam veteran and damned proud of it.

Becca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec. 2016 at 2:04am
Ah, good info to know.  How did you figure out my dasterdly plans?
1947 Willys CJ-2A
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec. 2016 at 3:32am
FWIW, I like the photos of Kate's rig as well as Ricks. Perhaps you could incorporate both photos into one painting ?. All the photo's are fine examples of the wonderful places and experiences these fine old Jeeps bring to our lives   

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec. 2016 at 11:57am
I was there where Kate took that picture. I took one of mine also. Her Jeep matched the trees. It almost lit up the area all by itself. I have to go with hers also, but  I like all the pictures. John
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec. 2016 at 4:06pm
I vote for Kate's yellow jeep.
No wonder it was so close, tuff choice between the two pics!

Not that all the pics aren't great

Edited by Flatfender Ben - 16 Dec. 2016 at 4:08pm
Becca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec. 2016 at 3:13am
And the winner is... Katiedid with a total of 6 points!  I'll post updates of said painting as I go along, shouldn't take too long to do.
1947 Willys CJ-2A
Katiedid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katiedid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec. 2016 at 8:37pm
Wow, I'm humbled.  Glad you liked the picture folks. 
Katiedid
48 CJ2A Waltzing Matilda
HCAT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HCAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec. 2016 at 12:54am
Excellent!
Thumbs Up
Dave
44 Willys MB
Becca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar. 2017 at 1:33am
 Okay, I may have lied.  Had some paying work come in and I have been buisy with a few other projects.  Painting is almost finished but Im having trouble trying to figure out how to shade yellow. I know how to make it lighter, bu t making it darker is the trick. I have gone farther than this pic and got the trees in the background finished but the computor isn't cooperating.

Edited by Becca - 04 Mar. 2017 at 1:35am
1947 Willys CJ-2A
Katiedid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katiedid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar. 2017 at 1:16pm
Wow Becca, I'm so impressed!  I admire your talent, and I'm glad this is a learning experience as well.  We all need to be outside our safe zone sometimes.  For me, driving this jeep off the beaten path is the challenge.  The guys I drive with keep me going. 

Thanks for what you're doing!

Katiedid
48 CJ2A Waltzing Matilda
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>