Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Testing and Support for the forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

posting pictures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haines Garage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan. 2012 at 1:26am
OHHHH! I think I get it. Thanks so much!
BigBroz2A_RIP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBroz2A_RIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan. 2012 at 1:33am
Haines
aprox 36 years ago when I was a teenager my bro brought the 2A home. at that time he did not want to hang out with his little bro much he was 6 years older. as time went on we got closer he was a master mechanic but his willys was always on the back burner. in 2006 on Sept. 11th of all days he was killed in an accident. I drove from Chicago area to St. Louis to clear out his things brought home alot of tools the willys an old bronco and a bunch of other stuff. but my prize is still the willys.
I will get it running in his honor only wish he did not remove the drive train from the clutch back I have all the major items but alot of the smaller things I could not find in time I had down in St. Louis

1946 JEEP – WILLYS CJ2A                                  

ODOMETER = 61056.2

VIN = 33484 (23,484th Willys CJ2A to roll off the line since 1945)

Original Engine

Transmission (not installed)

Transfer Case (not installed)

Drive Shafts (not installed)

New Flywheel (not installed)

New Clutch (not installed)

Winch – PTO driven

Original Windscreen

Axels

Clutch

2 Front Seats – w/covers

Rear Bench Seat – w/cover

Stick is on the Floor

2 Vinyl Doors & roof (windows need to be replaced)

Shovel

Axe

Hi Lift Jack

4 Wheels + Spare

Dave S/N 33484
Nashville retired
Haines Garage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haines Garage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan. 2012 at 1:41am
That is a great story!! Post one in the Jeeps stories on the forum. I have younger brother, (6years) I always said I something happens to me and I cant complete Grandpas Jeep(read my story) I wish him to do so. I think what you are doing is AWESOME. Sorry to hear about your loss, I know how it feels. The more you hang around here you will see my favorite emoticon is the thumbs up...you win a big oneThumbs Up. I love my Jeep, but more importantly love the stories from the people behind them. Welcome to the site, I will watch your build with great interest.
Best of luck to you!
Scott Schiller/Haines Garage

Edited by Haines Garage - 23 Jan. 2012 at 1:46am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12