Forum Home Forum Home > Other Vehicles Area > Other Vehicles - Your Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Project "Popeye" 1943 MB

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb. 2016 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

Good luck on the restore and I'm looking forward to the reports and pics on this forum. Lucky for you you are a rich dentist

Is there any other kind?
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb. 2016 at 8:50pm
"Is there any other kind?"

Bad dentist?

Love your videos Dave.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb. 2016 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Joe Friday Joe Friday wrote:

..... Is there any other kind?
True .... I guess I should have just said "Lucky for you you're a dentist". That being the case, why are you worried about how hard it is to pull combat wheels apart Dave? ..... and why are you doing that work yourself? Just have your servants do it
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
damar2yxr View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damar2yxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb. 2016 at 10:08pm
Ah the "Myth of the rich dentist" has reared its ugly head. Let us slay that dragon early on in this build. Gentleman, the modern day dentist is a proud warrior of the oral condition I am proud to serve my fellow man in the great Satanic battle against oral disease. It is like rust in the hat channels of life. It never sleeps. My job is that of constant vigilance. I will not quibble that dentistry has provided me a good living. In the paraphrased words of Chico Espuella "Dentistry has been very good to me". I will counter this with the fact that the only time I am making money is when I am at my chair saving another tooth for Jesus. I could make a ton more....but NO! I take time out to make informative "How to" videos for my family here on theCJ2Apage.com to help my friends avoid the pitfalls of Willys restoration. I take time out to do the work myself so that you all could come to respect a guy who has "done it himself". 
"Hey there's a guy who has been there, done that and wants only to help a brother out." Yeah, someone might think that.
To think that my idols, the guys whose very words I hang on, whose camaraderie I covet would think that I would rather spend my time at the prestigious Buffington Hills Country Club throwing back some Johnny Walker Blue with the Mayor and the Governor after 18 holes and have my servants do all my Willys work then I guess I'm at fault for sending the wrong vibe.
Oh its easy to be hurt....and I am.... but I will redouble my efforts to send a better message.
Look! We all have our baggage to carry. Its not how much we carry but how well we carry it. See you all in Effingham. Is there a country club there?

Edited by damar2yxr - 16 Feb. 2016 at 10:10pm
eat,sleep,jeep

Proud father of a Marine, Army Dentist, Navy Pilot and a Princess. LIFE IS GOOD!
43MB,47CJ2-A,48CJ2-A X2,70Jeepster Commando 1/2 cab,84CJ-7,
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb. 2016 at 10:24pm
WOW! That will tweet!

...... but seriously, when you are at the country club, do you still speak with that northern accent or do you use something a little more British?
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
ralf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ralf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb. 2016 at 11:00pm
There is a restored MB at the Airport.  It wasn't in my hangar when you were there. If you need pics of anything in particular let me know. I think it is a 44.  Did you see the Machine gun mount when you were at my hangar?
1947 CJ2A
1948 CJ2A
1953 Ford NAA Golden Jubilee Tractor

1941 J-3 Cub
1957 Farmall Cub Low Boy tractor
1942 Clarktor WW2 tug
ralf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ralf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb. 2016 at 11:06pm
BTW, Piper Cubs have combat wheels. PITA.
1947 CJ2A
1948 CJ2A
1953 Ford NAA Golden Jubilee Tractor

1941 J-3 Cub
1957 Farmall Cub Low Boy tractor
1942 Clarktor WW2 tug
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12