Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Q&A on tires you use for trailering your Jeep

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnnygeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2017 at 7:49pm
Rick G,

You asked about running passenger tires on a trailer.  I've been told never to do that as trailer tires are specifically designed for trailers, stronger sidewalls, etc.

Also, I've had radials that the "bead" broke on with my dual axle trailer.  Big, lumpy protrusions around the tire.  I was told this was caused by turning too sharply and the tires being skidded sideways under load.  My trailers now still have radials and no problems yet.  Maybe, if this happens again I'll try bias ply tires.

Just my 2cents
WillyBill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillyBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2017 at 9:46pm
The brand is written as "arcwheel" all lower case, one word, with a stylized(?) arc in front of it. I will try to post a picture of the stamping tonight. 
1947 CJ2A #146428
1947 CJ2A #103567
WillyBill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillyBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2017 at 5:38pm
The tires on the rims are Taskmaster branded tires. Taskmaster Components uses these "arcwheel" stamped wheels. The tires need to be replaced and I can get the Carlisle USA Trail ST205/75D15 LRC tires easily because we are making them right now. I didn't want to put the new tires on the Chinese wheels if the wheels had a bad reputation. That is why I asked about these "arcwheel" wheels. I can't post a picture but if you look on the Taskmaster Components website you will see the "arcwheel" wheels. Thanks again.  
1947 CJ2A #146428
1947 CJ2A #103567
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12