Forum Home Forum Home > The CJ2A Parts Project > Parts List > Frame
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rear Cross Member Drawing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jus*Jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rear Cross Member Drawing
    Posted: 01 Mar. 2008 at 11:55pm
I have just completed (I think!) a drawing of the rear cross-member, based on data obtained and verified across three separate frames. I'd like to post it here for everybody's reference, but would also ask that if you find any discrepancies, SPEAK UP!!!! I want to thank WestForkBoyd and m38Mike for their help with this!

Seeya!

<Jack>

'48 CJ2A 197207 "Junebug"

'48 CJ2A 191237 "Turquoise"
Jus*Jack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jus*Jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar. 2008 at 2:00am
Well DARN!!! Turns out that all three of us missed something! <g> There is a "drop" to the upper section along the middle, so DON'T accept the previous drawing as correct! I'll get on it right away, and WILL correct it (right after giving my "associates" 10 lashes with a mouse's tail! <g>

Anybody see anything else that needs to be corrected, speak up! We all want this page to have the CORRECT info on it!!!!

(Frankly, I wasn't too pleased with the drawing anyway, because it's gotten very "busy", as my old drafting professors would have said, so maybe I'll try to improve on that while I'm working.)
Seeya!

<Jack>

Jus*Jack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jus*Jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar. 2008 at 9:33pm
OK...here's the (latest!) revision of the rear cross-member, complete with the "K" frame member "rest"...and my apologies for the small type face on the holes dimensions, but hopefully, for the folks who may need this, they'll be able to zoom in and still read them! If not, or if you have any other comments on this, please feel free to let me know! This is intended to be of help to everyone, now and "down the line", so I'd like it to reflect the correct info! Thanks!

Seeya!

<Jack>

47goDevil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47goDevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar. 2009 at 6:56am
I see these very in some cases . those dimensions specific to these  '48's listed ? junebug&turqoise? 
 crossmember on my '47 is butchered and buried under a fabricated bumper welded to the tub . 
 plan to swap out the tub at some point and have this correct member prepared for install . 
 is this center hole , one inch hole , plate bracket holes and mounting holes  specific to one year in particular ?  thanks. 

John 46-2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John 46-2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar. 2009 at 11:43pm
You did such a good job on the rear bumper that you just might be the one to ask.My poor hacked 46 frame is missing lot's,but the only thing that has me stumped(at this point)is at the lower rear of the frame riveted with the hanger brackets are/were two gussets I can't find them listed anywere you wouldn't have a drawing of them too would you?????thanks John.
lowenuf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowenuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar. 2009 at 12:49am
hi john, and welcome to the site....

since you are new, i will be easy here.. :)

you might be waiting awhile for a response from Jus*Jack, you see, he has been in the hospital for the last several weeks battling Lukemia :(

to answer your question however, i doubt that jack got that far with his drawings.....

if you wish to follow jack's progress, there is a thread about his courageous fight over in the "discussion" threads...

:) low
45 #10012
45 #10033 ACM #47
45 #10163 ACM #188
57 CJ5    Dauntless V6, T-18 4-speed, D-44 rear/D-30 front, D-20 twin stick

John 46-2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John 46-2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar. 2009 at 1:11am
Thank's for being easy I didn't find out till after I posted my request.Best of luck to all.
Jim_n_Texas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_n_Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2011 at 3:54am
I am currently working on reproducing the rear framehorn/crossmember gussets.  I made a rough drawing from what was left of one of mine and plan to construct them in place to get the holes correct as I replace the rear crossmember.  When I get them made and fit, I can measure them and at least make a sketch of one of them (they appear to be mirror images of each other and flipping one would result in the opposite side fit).
1946 CJ2A
1961 M422 Mighty Mite w/M416B1 trailer
1979 CJ5
1969 Jeepster Commando
 Post Reply Post Reply