Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Wanted to Buy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rear Seat pegs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepSaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rear Seat pegs
    Posted: 10 Nov. 2018 at 7:32pm
I'm looking for two of the pegs, or spears, on the bottom of the rear seat legs, that clip into the spring loaded clips under the floor. 

Mine are missing from my rear seat and i would like to rebuild it back to original condition. 

Maybe someone has a completely roached out back seat with good spears that they would be prepared to cut off? 

Mike
1948 CJ2A #204853 in South Africa
RSR_MK View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSR_MK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov. 2018 at 7:34pm
Mike

If you aren’t able to find any they should not be hard to reproduce. 

The “washer” is welded to the leg and the profile of the tang should not be hard to grind out of a pice of flat stock. Not sure if there is an insert in the leg or if it’s just welded to the leg, I really don’t think it would matter. 

Mike

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov. 2018 at 1:48am
It's been awhile since I've seen one in person but just looking at it .....the end of a railroad spike might be something to start with (??)

Maybe somebody with both could chime in with a size comparison.

I've got some old spikes but no seat lugs to compare to.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
RSR_MK View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSR_MK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov. 2018 at 11:41am
When I was looking at it I thought two pieces of quarter inch flat stock with the sides welded up would be a good starting point. I’ll take some measurements and get back to you. 

Mike 
JeepSaffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepSaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov. 2018 at 1:17pm
Thanks gents for the offer of info and dimensions. 

I already have dimensions and i can share these with anyone who needs. I am specifically looking for originals, and will only look to make my own if i can't locate originals that someone can spare. 

JeepSaffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepSaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2018 at 8:32am
Problem solved... I think! I've posted to the "member created parts" section of the forum...

Post Reply Post Reply