Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Suggestions and Comments for the CJ2A website
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Registry question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calndrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Registry question
    Posted: 08 Feb. 2006 at 5:11pm
Is anyone updating the 2A restistry? I submitted my name a few weeks ago and have not heard anything nor has my info appeared on the list. Just curious.
Bruce
1949 2A
russnj View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russnj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb. 2006 at 6:09pm
Hi Bruce

I am working on a new registry page and owners page. It will make updating alot faster, it should be ready soon.

Russ

43 MB, 48 CJ2A, 50 CJ3A, 55 M38A1, 56 CJ5, 79 M151A2, M100 ,65 M416
BigBroz2A_RIP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBroz2A_RIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan. 2012 at 3:49pm
Dave Luth here I am in Prospect Hts Illinois. I am also waiting to see myself in the registry. I am now since my brothers death the proud owner of s/n 33484. I would love to show all you pics of my 2a but having trouble loading those pics 
Dave S/N 33484
Nashville retired
BigBroz2A_RIP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBroz2A_RIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan. 2012 at 3:56pm

The vehicle is not running at present.  My brother purchased it over 36 years ago. I took ownership after he passed away in 2006.  It has been stored inside the majority of this time so there is no major rust on the vehicle.

I have researched this vehicle on the internet but have not run across project stories that showed a starting vehicle in the condition of my brother’s.  Other’s project cars seem to be upside down from mine: found left outside, in a field, under a tree on a farm, etc…all rust but runs (or gotten to run).  My brother stored this indoors ever since he purchased it and most probably by the previous owner, too (judging by the excellent condition of the body, frame and interior).  But, since it is dismantled (all major parts present but not connected) we have not had the opportunity to run the motor to see what condition it is in.  Some have asked if the engine runs. To the best of my knowledge it only had a blown clutch.  Since my brother is gone, I have no way to know if it ran when he purchased it or not.

1946 JEEP – WILLYS CJ2A                                  

ODOMETER = 61056.2

VIN = 33484 (23,484th Willys CJ2A to roll off the line since 1945)

Original Engine

Transmission (not installed)

Transfer Case (not installed)

Drive Shafts (not installed)

New Flywheel (not installed)

New Clutch (not installed)

Winch – PTO driven

Original Windscreen

Axels

Clutch

2 Front Seats – w/covers

Rear Bench Seat – w/cover

Stick is on the Floor

2 Vinyl Doors & roof (windows need to be replaced)

Shovel

Axe

Hi Lift Jack

4 Wheels + Spare

Dave S/N 33484
Nashville retired
samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan. 2012 at 5:19pm
Dave,

That's great information.  Perhaps you can go to the "registry" which Sean maintains here:  CJ-2A Data Page and enter the information there.

For tips on posting photos, try the information here:
Posting pics both on and off site

Also, to resize your photos, try the link here:  Free Web Photo Resizer

Edited by samcj2a - 22 Jan. 2012 at 5:20pm
Sam

1946 CJ2A   15292 ACM    6678

1947 CJ2A 122031 ACM 111989

Are Glass Bowl Fuel Pumps OE?
 Post Reply Post Reply