Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Remembering Iwo.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamhog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2017 at 10:36am
The Japanese government let's very few people go there and they have very strict rules. No American flags and they don't offer any accommodations. It's a 9 mile hike from the flightline to the top of Suribachi and back. They gave us 4 hours.
Dave
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2017 at 4:44am
That's one island we should have never given back.
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug. 2017 at 11:38pm
Go see Hacksaw Ridge if you haven't already

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug. 2017 at 11:58pm
I saw the movie.  It was pretty good, but the notion that someone just signs up in the service and gets a uniform before even going to boot camp was very hard to get past.  Surely someone on that project had been in the service (Clint Eastwood, hint, hint) and could have stopped that silliness. 
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Frank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug. 2017 at 9:54pm
To all,

This is the 43 GPW I restored. It took five years of research and 18 months for the restoration. Most of it I did myself under the direct supervision of my immediate supervisor of 47 years. Without her artist eye, it probably wouldn't have turned out as well as it did.

Frank
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12