Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Wanted to Buy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rubber window bumpers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote softdraw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rubber window bumpers
    Posted: 08 Oct. 2009 at 1:41am
Wondered if anybody had a couple of rubber window bumpers laying around for sale?  Will be getting my windshield assembly back from painter this week and would like to get a set.  I'd be honored to acquire a set from Mr. Jack's efforts last year.

Thanks,
Steven
westforkboyd View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westforkboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct. 2009 at 3:41am
Steven...There's a bagfull of Jack's bumbers somewhere in my parts storage. Give me a few days to round them up and I'll send you a couple.

WFB  
'48 CJ-2A #184135 Lefty
'49 CJ-2A #219719 Mule
'39 Ford 9N
'55 Oliver Super 55 Ollybelle
softdraw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote softdraw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct. 2009 at 3:52am
That's terrific news and very
meaningful. Thank you!
dennisanvil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennisanvil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct. 2009 at 4:07am
anybody have a trick to install JACK bumpers.
dennis
dennisanvil                   1948 cj2a, maker of tailgate hooks & hand forge iron ware
there not any knowen cure for jeep fever.
serial # 164136<
bkreutz View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkreutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct. 2009 at 4:23am
I put some dish soap on the "bump" and pushed while at the same time I grabbed the "bump" with a needle nose pliers and pulled. HTH
Gale

47 CJ2A 142857
47 Bantam T3-C 16271

Photo page http://bkreutz.smugmug.com/
Night0wl View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Night0wl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct. 2009 at 2:15pm
Steven,
If WFB doesn't get them for you, let me know.  I have probably a thousand or more of these things.  I joined the page a few months to late after Jack had gotten all of his made.  I have been using these things for years now on some of my products.  They are the exact same as the ones Jack had made.  If you PM me your address I will send you some in the mail. No charge of course.  But if you want to hold out for some of Jack's that's fine too.  
Gale pretty much has the trick down, on installing these things.  I don't use soap but then again what I am putting them on is stainless and I don't have to worry about scratching up a new paint job either.
Night0wl
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose" Jim Elliot
45 CJ-2A
My Project
ricco View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct. 2009 at 10:43pm
 Does anyone have the spec's and a drawing of the stops, or does someone have the stops already that they would let go.  I would be interested in both.  Let me know,  Arick _popupControl();

Edited by ricco79 - 14 Oct. 2009 at 10:44pm
She can dance a cajun rhythm....jump like a Willy's in four wheel drive...("Sugar Magnolia")

'48 CJ2A #204845 "Lumpy"
Frenchy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct. 2009 at 7:51am
I assume that these are on the stops for the inner windshield? If so, I could use two sets of them that I would gladly pay for if somebody can help me out. Please send me a PM if you can.

Thanks,

David "Frenchy" French

CJ2A "Speeder" #92440

CJ2A "Tabor" #120378
Garry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2018 at 4:19pm
WINDOW BUMPERS?

If you need the rubber bumpers for the cj2 windshield frame the GM hood bumpers work and look great.
The GM part number I used is 4204 GM hood bumper ( 4023030) the early 50s Corvette bumpers also look like they would work well for the willys windshield.  Google GM hood bumpers
Garry
 Post Reply Post Reply