Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers > Tech - FAQ
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Screws

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckway545454 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Screws
    Posted: 28 Dec. 2015 at 3:44pm
Any ideas where to get the correct screws to attach the hardware on my 2a,all the hardware stores in my area have Phillips head but not much selection of slot head and you go to fastinal and you must buy full boxes and that's ok but when you need so many different sizes and threads. I,m afread of havering a surplus when my project is complete.any ideas will be welcome
Qipp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qipp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec. 2015 at 7:41pm
I was able to order the slotted head screws, cap screws  and other fasteners that I needed at Fastenal by the piece. Go to their online catalog, make up an order of what you need, print it off and take it to the store. It will have the part number for each item which will make it easier for them to place your order.
Gordon
48 cj2a 152642
Bantam T3-C 4297
Brinks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brinks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2015 at 1:57am
I always hit a few old small town hardware stores when I'm out and about.  You would be surprised what you find and killer prices, and some are glad to get rid of the old stuff.     
CJ2A #62728
 Post Reply Post Reply