Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

She said yes to a 46 CJ2A

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spinnas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: She said yes to a 46 CJ2A
    Posted: 24 Apr. 2018 at 9:04pm
Just picked up this beauty with the fiance. A 46 CJ2A, mostly stock, body is rough, but we love it. Gonna make sure it's mechanically sound and cruise it around with the dog or up in the woods with my dad's and his 49 CJ3A that I rebuilt/restored for him.

Edited by Spinnas - 24 Apr. 2018 at 9:06pm
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2018 at 9:10pm
Welcome!

1) looks like a great start,
2) keep that woman,
3) is that license plate for sale?, lol...love it Thumbs Up
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2018 at 11:26pm
Congrats!!... on a new jeep and a lady that goes with you. Just my personal opinion bit I think youre on the right track gettting running and driveable and enjoying it the way it is. The body doesn't look to bad to me so looking forward to seeing more pics. Enjoy!!!!
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

dluber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2018 at 1:19am
Looks like a nice jeep.  Congrats!
Phil_IA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil_IA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2018 at 1:34am
Nice find...Jeep and the fiancé. Congrats! Definitely not an IA body. Everyone’s right, make it road worthy and enjoy it. 
48 CJ2A "Squeaky" owned since 1978
2010 Grand S Limited
2000 XJ
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2018 at 2:51am
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2018 at 2:52am
Originally posted by Spinnas Spinnas wrote:

Looks like your dad's 3A is smelling the 2A LOL
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2018 at 3:37am
Welcome to the page, Spinnas!
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
thesnoops View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thesnoops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2018 at 4:11am
Congratulation!
Spinnas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spinnas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2018 at 6:40am
Pretty much every seam on the body besides the dash and firewall is seperating or already separated. Almost all the body mounts are rusted off and crossmembers under the tub are gone. Plan is to replace the crossmembers and repair the body mounts and try to leave the body as is. The tool box lid and sealing channel are mint but the floor in the tool box is flintstones style.

Tonight I drained and flushed the fuel tank and lines. Had to replace 1 cause it was partially blocked. Put new fuel in it and adjusted on the carb a little. Got it to start, stay running on its own, and can rev it up without it falling on its face and dying.

Hoping for a cruise around the block tomorrow.

Yes I am keeping the lady, it was actually her find on the Jeep. I just finished my dad’s about 1.5 years ago before we were engaged. I had a crawler buggy I recently sold and am currently building a new one. She has a 99 TJ we built last year as a complete frame off and made it her “rally jeep” cause she does navigation rallies.

As for the plate, in AZ the seller keeps the plates when they sell the vehicle usually unless they don’t care. In this case it was a family selling their father’s jeep so they wanted to keep it. He had the Jeep 39 years.
Spinnas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spinnas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2018 at 2:21pm
Got up early this morning and made sure everything was ok for a test drive. Took it around the block and shifted through all the gears and hi/lo. That’ll put a smile on anyone’s face. Radiator showed signs of leaking when I bought it sonits not a surprise that it is leaking. Original radiator so gonna try to have it fixed(fingers crossed). Looks like it may be the seam on the upper tank.
flattiesrule View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flattiesrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2018 at 2:54pm
Spinnas,
Where in Az are you?
'47 cj2a
'76 cj7
'01 cherokee sport
Spinnas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spinnas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2018 at 3:19pm

North Tucson/Marana.

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2018 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Spinnas Spinnas wrote:

She said yes to a 46 CJ2A
... yeah .... are you sure? This sounds like a setup to me! Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to your project!
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
blc3128 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blc3128 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2018 at 4:32pm
I like the plate! Good luck with your project!
1948 CJ2A #197894
mkoloc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkoloc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2018 at 6:08pm
Welcome, great looking ol jeep .. looks like your well on your way to the addiction LOL !
LTC Mark Koloc (USA-RET)
MVPA#31144
OEF Afghan 03-04
OEF Africa 05-07
OEF KFOR 08-09
WTB 09-11
1942 Ford GPW
43 M16A2 Half-Track w/44 M10      
Trlr
1943 M3 Sct Car
1947 CJ2A
Spinnas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spinnas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr. 2018 at 5:54pm
Checked a bunch of bolts last night, tightened up some hose clamps that had slight seepage or leaks, and topped off the fluids. Threw a blanket in the back, loaded up the pup and took him through the neighborhood for about 5 miles. Got the jeep running pretty good now. Started to get hot here so I'll have to keep an eye on engine temps. It's missing the ducting/sealing rubbers between the grill and radiator and also doesn't have the extension ring on the shroud. Got up to about 190 maybe 195 yesterday.
sparky13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparky13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2018 at 2:10pm
Hey Spinnas.  Let's hear some more about the new crawler buggy that you are building. 

Mark
1946 CJ2A
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>