Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Small Pre- Easter Fire

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Small Pre- Easter Fire
    Posted: 17 Apr. 2017 at 6:50pm
I went to start up my jeep Friday night so I could load it on to a trailer and take it to my inlaw's farm for the weekend. Immediately after pushing on the foot switch, there was a nice warm glow coming from under the dash, then the smoke started and embers started falling as the wires burned. I jumped out and grabbed the extinguisher but by then it started to die down and eventually burned itself out. Best I can tell, the wires shorted out on the bracket, not sure how. Anyway, took out the fried amp gauge, cut back the burned wires, checked everything, connected the wires without the amp gauge, taped it up like crazy and it ran like a champ all weekend. 
Stev View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr. 2017 at 7:25pm
Awesome that you did not burn the Jeep up.  Did you have the system fused or any in line circuit breakers?  
Stev
1946 CJ2A Trail Jeep (The Saint), 1948 CJ2A Lefty Restored
Alpine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr. 2017 at 1:09am
No fuses or anything. But im seriously considering it now.
 Post Reply Post Reply