Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > CJ2A Page Member Created Parts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Smaller steering wheel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2016 at 6:55pm
Sorry , been busy . I've made several of these, last one I charged$300 plus shipping. Pain in the Azz To make. It requires your old or at least a donor steering wheel. I cut off the orig. outside ring roll a new one, weld to orig. spokesand hub. Break old plastic off , and repour in a iron filled epoxy in a mold I built. Then send back to you to finish. If you can find a easier cheaper way to picking up 1" of actual "Belly Room "17" to 15" Dia. I would certainly do it. Tilt the column. Move the seat back , heck anything! I once made a shorter spoke on one side to give an extra 1" of clearance while driving in a straight line, problem was it attacked your Belly in the Corners. Kevin
sandusky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2016 at 7:01pm
Thinking out loud here. You could buy a 15" lawn mower steering wheel and cut your spokes down,reweldon to your orig. Spokes and hub fill with pc7 epoxy. Then final smoothing with Bondo. Itd be a lot cheaper. I bought a 15" mower wheel off eBay a couple years ago that had the finger detents in the back side. Kevin

Edited by sandusky - 22 July 2016 at 7:06pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345