Forum Home Forum Home > The CJ2A Parts Project > Parts List > Engine Group
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Starter bracket engine mount hole

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 799Cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Starter bracket engine mount hole
    Posted: 21 July 2013 at 1:40pm
Hi Everybody,

I'm trying to find out (if I can explain this even moderately clearly) what size and thread count is the hole in the lower right side of my L134. I can't figure out what size bolt I need to use that hole. I've seen it used with a small bracket to support the rear end of the starter and as a connection point for the battery negative. If it ever had a bolt and bracket, they've been gone longer than I've been alive.

I plan on bolting my batt neg to this so I'm sending the negative directly to the block.

I've cleaned it out as much as I can with some brake Kleen and have used a long small bolt to find its about 1inch deep. I can turn by hand a 5/16" x 18 tap in there and it wiggles just barely, but a 5/16" bolt slides right in without threading. I'm assuming it's tapped for a 3/8 bolt but I can not get one to turn without a wrench and I'm NOT going to force the tap or bolt that I think is right and end up retapping or stripping the hole.

I've found the hole in the parts list's engine mountings diagram but can't find a description of the bolt.

I've tried 6 combinations and I don't want to force anything, but I'm frustrated as hell now. Hopefully that makes sense, anyone have an idea?

Thanks
samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2013 at 1:54pm
The parts list says it is 3/8 16 1inch.  Look in Electrical  Starter  Support.  
Sam

1946 CJ2A   15292 ACM    6678

1947 CJ2A 122031 ACM 111989

Are Glass Bowl Fuel Pumps OE?
799Cj2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 799Cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2013 at 2:25pm
Sam-

Thanks, I wish I had just asked earlier....

I'll recheck my parts list, I must be looking right at it!
samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2013 at 4:05pm
Here's a link to something that you might find useful:  Sean’s Parts List

Click on the Browse Group Listings tab and then use the dropdown menus to find things.
Sam

1946 CJ2A   15292 ACM    6678

1947 CJ2A 122031 ACM 111989

Are Glass Bowl Fuel Pumps OE?
 Post Reply Post Reply