Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Modifications from original
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Swapping out a 225 for a 4.3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2018 at 2:25am
I'm the one who did that...regretably...i didn't know what I was dealing with at the time, it could be put back easily. The top and doors and hardware is all in safe keeping. Looking back I wish I had done a lot of things differently.  I have learned a lot in the last 5 or so years. The jeep works great, and it gets wheeled hard, i just cut a lot of corners because it was a "wheeling" rig. I am righting all my wrongs on my own 48 build thoughBig smile And yes, i had a cast chevy bell laying around we slapped on it.
bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2018 at 2:46am
That's amazing progress.
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

And two of them actually run!
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan. 2018 at 4:53am
I just thought it was a quick, low-budget w/s frame swap.  It happens.  I'm not the Jeep police!  Big smile

As for the bell housing, are/were there a lot of those for adapting a T-90 to a Chevy engine? 

Edited by Ol' Unreliable - 16 Jan. 2018 at 4:56am
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan. 2018 at 10:18am
Smile haha! I gotcha! I had already used an advance adapters plate between the buick bell and the t90, i just swapped the buick bell for a Chevy one.
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan. 2018 at 2:34am
Totally cool!  Thumbs Up
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan. 2018 at 11:42pm
Got a little work done, tossed an off-road kit in the holley, and got the motor timed and stuck the STUPID GIANT hei in there. It's such a space hog this ridiculous little filter was all I could find to fit. Oh well. Also ditched the excessively deep sumped oil pan from the s10 for a pan from an astro van. Just waiting on the shorter pick up tube. Need to mount up the fuel pump and regulator, and plumb  them up. Getting there a bit at a time.. EDIT: oil pan was from a 2wd s10 not an astro van, needed the shorter pickup from the 2wd s10 too.

Edited by BryanB - 12 Feb. 2018 at 12:24pm
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan. 2018 at 11:45pm
Also waiting on a drivers side exhaust manifold for an astro van. Thise ones dump in a more convienient spot.
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb. 2018 at 1:47am
https://youtu.be/klIfuVEJQrc

GOT IT FIRED UP! YEE HAA
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb. 2018 at 1:49am
bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb. 2018 at 4:52am
Fantastic. That must be a great feeling. I didn't have any luck opening the video, however.
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

And two of them actually run!
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb. 2018 at 12:11pm
Thank you! Yeah I can't seem to get the link to work either. If you feel like hearing it just search "cj2a 4.3 v6 lumpy cam" on youtube. I thinks its pretty cool.
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb. 2018 at 12:15pm
some fitment photos for others reference
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb. 2018 at 12:16pm
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb. 2018 at 12:18pm
Bridog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb. 2018 at 12:29pm
Here is the link. That does sound like one mean Jeep!

BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb. 2018 at 12:31pm
Thanks for doing that!
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar. 2018 at 11:37pm
Finally getting around to some driving and tuning on this thing, and found the brakes are non existent, then found the front wheel bearings are shot...got all that done and found the outer bearings in the rear are also shot! Dangit....can o worms
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar. 2018 at 11:39pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>