Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T 19?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2018 at 4:09am
Originally posted by Bill2A Bill2A wrote:

Yes, but if you check the Novak site, it pretty much says if you want to use the T19, you can't get there from here.
Sure Novak can adapt the T19 to a D18, but can't help on the other end.
No doubt that could be enough if you wanted to have a Ford engine and bell housing involved...

I have been known to flog a 302, but not  in a Jeep.  LOL

If someone wanted to produce a bell housing that mated to an L134 and moved the mounting surface forward enough to just bolt in a Ford T19, I expect they could capture all of a very limited market.

Well understood, make your own bellhousing!

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
Bill2A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2018 at 3:48am
Probably beyond me, but maybe somebody doing limited runs of stamped scatter shields could do something along those lines.
Just a thought.
1946 CJ2A 14098
oldtime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2018 at 7:13pm
Lee, it's probably cheaper to buy a bunch of cheap transmissions till you get all of the possibilities sorted out.

Quote If someone wanted to produce a bell housing that mated to an L134 and moved the mounting surface forward enough to just bolt in a Ford T19, I expect they could capture all of a very limited market.
It's far easier  to modify a T18/19 transmission case than to build a new bellhousing.
I bolt Jeep T18 cases direct to GM bellhousings. 
And it provides the shortest possible drivetrain for T18's.

I even tried to eliminate the rear transfer case adapter plate but its simply not practical.
Too bad that Borg Warner did not design the T98 to fit the D18 directly.
I suppose it's  the T98 was used in all sorts of other heavy equipment and the case was standardized for all apps.

But on my current build (3B rock crawler) I'm mating the T98-A with the F-134 via factory parts because I want it the way the factory would have built it.

Edited by oldtime - 16 July 2018 at 7:23pm
Currently building my final F-134 powered 3B .
T98-A Rock Crawler using exclusive factory parts and Approved Special Equipment from the Willys Motors era (1953-1963)
Zero aftermarket parts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12