Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T3-C Parts list

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WellFedHobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T3-C Parts list
    Posted: 05 Mar. 2017 at 10:16pm
I was wondering if anyone had compiled a parts list for the T3-C for those of us working on repairs/rebuilds/restorations. What I'm running into are things like, I'm missing the bolts for the spring hangers, and I'd like to get the correct replacement bump stops, some chains need to be replaced with the correct type, I'll eventually need to rework the wheel bearings, etc. I'm kind of a purist so I'd rather do it correctly the first time.
Rus Curtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar. 2017 at 3:59pm
Being somewhat of a purist also, I got frustrated with online folks having info, like this, at their fingertips.  I eventually found out they used Service Manuals (SM) and Parts Manuals (PM).

The T3-C is a civilian version of the military T-3.  There is an online version if you don't want to order a hard copy.  On JeepDraw scroll down about half way and you'll find a .pdf version to download for free.

Look for TM10-1281. It is both the maintenance and parts list for the T-3.  You can also find the TM10-1230 that is for the MB-T (also a good reference).

In these manuals you'll find what you need - like:
Group 1506, Screw 3/8" - 24 x 1" Hex. Hd. (Spring pivot bracket to frame ......8

The bearings are also referenced but what will also help is to know they are the exact same bearing, seal and washer/nut assembly as the front axle on the jeep.  I believe this was on purpose to ease access to replacement parts.

You'll notice after studying the images on Arts T3-C website, and that there were two styles of tail chains.  The Safety Chains aren't available anymore but modern or military style versions will fit.  Hopefully you still have the chain attachment wedges.

The bump stops are difficult to find as they are roughly the same base plate dimensions as the jeep stops but shorter at 1/2" vs. 1 1/4"

Spending time searching Art's website and here in the trailer section of the 2A Forum. There are threads here that discuss the chains and bearing issues.

Have you posted any pics of your trailer yet?
Rus Curtis
Alabama
1954 CJ3B
Bantam T3-C
WellFedHobo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WellFedHobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar. 2017 at 5:00pm
Thanks for your response. I'll look for that PDF. That's quite specifically what I need because mine is an early T3-C. 

I actually have a project thread for T3-C number 1431: http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/t3c-number-1431_topic16601.html

There has been no progress in a long time. I'm hoping to change that soon.
Rus Curtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar. 2017 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by WellFedHobo WellFedHobo wrote:

There has been no progress in a long time. I'm hoping to change that soon.

I feel your pain.  Most of my trailer parts are in boxes or on the garage floor.
Rus Curtis
Alabama
1954 CJ3B
Bantam T3-C
 Post Reply Post Reply