Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Wanted to Buy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T90 TRANNY

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rayrau11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T90 TRANNY
    Posted: 21 May 2017 at 12:03am
I'M LOOKING FOR A WORKING T90 TRANS FOR MY 48 WILLYS JEEP CJ2A
RAY RAU- THE LOAN WHISPERER. 727 512 0497.
Kenny578 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny578 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 10:58pm
I have a t90 I just rebuilt all new gears and shafts just have to put the gaskets and seals on that I have. I can arrange shipping message me if interested
rayrau11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rayrau11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 8:07pm
  Hello !
   that's awesome.
 We tried to rebuild mine and it lasted 2 weeks and I'm scared to death cause it is no picnic changing them out or getting locked in neutral in traffic on major road in the middle of rush hour in a 1948 willys jeep. !!  Seems the new synchronizer and stuff, like those little tabs will not stay in place and jammed up or half way out and despite all new parts, here I am again with a broke tranny and jeep back up on jack stands in garage.  So,  if you have a really good rebuild and its  ready to install. and the price is very good . I'll take another chance !   727 512 0497   Ray Rau.   st pete florida 33703
Kenny578 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny578 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 9:10pm
These are good transmissions though that is the the tricky part about it, the main shaft will want to separate and slide forward until you bolt it in with the transfer case. The transfer case will keep everything in place it doesn't take much to knock it out of place thats why mine is tied. I did not put the gaskets on so I can can see all the gears spin all the way around freely when it gets installed. You will be able to tell if the syncro teeth slipped out of place the shaft will only spin about a quarter of a turn and stop it should be able to spin all the way around freely. Im asking 700 firm to cover the cost of all the new parts in it, im willing to ship if you pay for it i've sent heavier transmissions through ups that was around 100. I wouldn't imagine this would cost more probably around 60 let me know if this is in your price range.
rayrau11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rayrau11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 9:53pm
Hello !
  We are happy with the cost and curious about anything slipping out of place while we attach it to the transfer case.   We had everything spinning and shifting prior to installing in my 48 willys , yet it would pop out of second which it did prior to rebuild and it  took two weeks of shifting just fine and one of the three little black tabs pushed its way up at an angle and locked the tranny in neutral. I fished in a new tab and it lasted about 10 minutes before the tranny locked up again.

727 512 0497 Ray Rau
 St. Pete Florida 33703.  We want the rebuilt tranny you have. Can you give us a total price to include shipping? How do you want payment?   Thank you !!
Kenny578 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny578 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 10:27pm
Pm sent
 Post Reply Post Reply