Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Modifications from original
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Time for TBI on my L134 in my CJ2A

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikes half cab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb. 2017 at 9:51pm
i have a tbi complete with wiring harness and fuse box for a iron duke 4 cylinderSmile motor.all you have to do if fab a carb mount i was going to do that but going the diesel way..even has a book on it.you could have it if you pay shipping.its kinda heavy.
mikes half cab
mikes half cab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikes half cab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb. 2017 at 1:36pm
the tbi even has the computer
mikes half cab
gunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb. 2017 at 3:02am
PM sent, Mike
P-Mo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P-Mo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 3:55am
It has been a while since I have posted an update, but life just gets busy sometimes. The TBI system is all dialed in and runs fantastic. As soon as the snow melts up high I will take it to the top of one the nearby passes and test it out in high altitude. I highly recommend this set up and kit for anyone who wants a better running flat head.
Bill usn-1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill usn-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 4:19am
Good to hear Patrick.
Send me some data so I can confirm the tune.
I need lots of pics for my files too!
Hamilton Fuel Injection
P-Mo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote P-Mo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 4:42am
Yes sir Bill, data will be on the way next week. My buddy is going to ride along with me to run the laptop, I figured it would be safer for me and the computer to have help and not be distracted while driving!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill usn-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 11:04pm
Sounds good.
I normally just start the logger and wrap the seat belt around it!
They don't like slamming the floor when you hit the brakes.

I'm counting the days till my trip back to CO in July!
Hamilton Fuel Injection
P-Mo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P-Mo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 3:57am
Has anybody had any luck with the Clifford header? Just curious, now that it runs so nice, I wonder how nice it can go.
P-Mo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P-Mo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct. 2017 at 3:52am
P-Mo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P-Mo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct. 2017 at 3:57am
Guess I will need to answer my own question.....
Here it is with the Clifford header and with the intake built for me by the great guys down at BC Fabrication. They love their flatfenders! Their jeeps can be seen on the backb page of the KaiserWillys 2017 catalog.
Willy M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willy M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct. 2017 at 5:26am
Is the Clifford a 4 into 1?  I don't know much about it other than it does exist.  I made a few sets of tri-y headers back in the late 70s for stock Chevy Vega 4 bangers and one for a 2.3l Pinto.  They seemed to work well enough on those.  

Interesting intake as well.  From the angle, it looks like for a stock 1bl.  I've been thinking about something similar but for a Weber 2bl.  I'm still mulling over design aspects on that.   

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill usn-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct. 2017 at 5:12pm
As mentioned early on in this thread, it has the Hamilton Fuel Injection 1bbl setup.
It's complete computer controlled fuel and timing.
So it's a complete system upgrade.
It provides GM HEI ignition housed in the factory distributor and utilizes factory GM throttle body injection.
All parts are factory available parts and each system is custom tuned to the engine and location.
They are self correcting so you can drive at any altitude and any angle.
I have done systems for the L and F 134 along with many other older engines.
I try to develop systems for engines other companies won't.
Hamilton Fuel Injection
LuzonRed47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuzonRed47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct. 2017 at 6:21pm
Your intake manifold design and fab looks...fab! Nice work, and the header looks great.

Significantly improved breathing is on your doorstep with some internal porting and relieving. It is a flathead after all...absolutely tortured combustion path.

CJ2A #140275 "Ziggie" (purchased new by my dad in 1947)
ACM #124334
CJ3A windshield, Warn Overdrive
1953 Strick M100 trailer
Serial #18253
otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct. 2017 at 1:54pm
P-Mo,

I have been seriously considering adding a DIY throttle body system to my jeep. How tall does the TB adapter/TB/air horn combination end up being?
47 CJ2A w/fuel injected boat engine
48 CJ2A
64 Ford Econoline Travelwagon
If you can't get there in a Jeep, get a motorcycle!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill usn-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov. 2017 at 1:01am
The DIY information is all listed in the Injection forum at www.binderplanet.com
Just click the Start Here thread.

The adapter and throttle body are shorter then the carb.
When I did the system for the F134 i had to make a 1-1/4" additional spacer to clear the valve cover and still had no clearance issues.

LINK FIXED

Edited by Bill usn-1 - 09 Nov. 2017 at 8:26pm
Hamilton Fuel Injection
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov. 2017 at 1:17am
Originally posted by Bill usn-1 Bill usn-1 wrote:

The DIY information is all listed in the Injection forum at WWW.binderplanet.com. ;
Just click the Start Here thread.

The adapter and throttle body are shorter then the carb.
When I did the system for the F134 i had to make a 1-1/4" additional spacer to clear the valve cover and still had no clearance issues.

Site cannot be reached. Ouch
Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov. 2017 at 1:22am
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov. 2017 at 2:18am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>