Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Modifications from original
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Time for TBI on my L134 in my CJ2A

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P-Mo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2018 at 3:17am
They finally started to get some trails and roads back open now that we are finally getting rain and its helping put out all of the fires. I made it up to about 10,000 ft last week and it ran perfect! I plan on getting more high elevation trips in before the snow. I will keep reporting on how the system runs at higher elevations.

Bill and I did spend a ton of time on the phone, but I learned a ton. My friend actually bought the kit for his flatty and I am going to teach him all that I learned from Bill.

One interesting issue I did have that might be worth mentioning here, Bill please feel free to chime in and elaborate, but at first nothing seemed to work as it should and the issue was the spark plug wires I was running were interfering electronically somehow to the computer and as soon as I swapped them out for newer ones, problem fixed!
Bill usn-1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill usn-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2018 at 4:06am
That is definately an issue and is on the first page of my manual now.
No packard 440 wires, no high performance wire wound/spiral wound/magna....etc
And the wires can't be laying in 50yrs of oil and grease or right across the system wiring.
If a timing light can pick it up, so can the computer!

I'll be in Kremling, CO this coming weekend at the IH show.
I give a free EFI seminar about 10am on Sat.
I cover carbs and points too!
Hamilton Fuel Injection
Greaser007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greaser007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug. 2018 at 2:43pm
   Bill - - - thank you for those Links !

I bookmarked them so I can go back and do some reading on the links provided in the 2-nd link you attached. ( I looked through the first link ).

The nice thing about EFI is the "instant-start" benefit.

Len
Jeepen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeepen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec. 2021 at 7:21pm
I know it’s been a while since your post, but… couple of ?.. does the height match, solexes, carters, webers? Don’t want to cut my hood. Thxs. Sleepy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456