Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers > Tech - FAQ
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tips and Tricks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misterberry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec. 2012 at 6:55am
I gotta add to what kilroy wrote....

3.- I was messing around with some shrink wrap  and that kitchen torch sure came in handy. You don't have to haul out the MAPP gas bottle or anything... I haven't needed heat for my bolts lately - but I sure could have used it in times past.
James Berry

'48 2A ser.187593 "Jeep Jeep"

It's a "Lefty"....
Moved north from California-
Now waving the Canadian flag -
A Canuck back home in Edmonton
Frans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec. 2012 at 6:57am
Originally posted by lmontycj2a lmontycj2a wrote:

TIP: If you get bitten by a poisonous spider, drink as much whole milk as you can on you way to the Doctor. (I was told at least a gallon of milk)Sick 
And they say: ... If you walk alone in the bush in Africa and get bitten by a Black Mamba snake .... you try to stay calm, look where the foot path goes under a shady tree ... then lay down, stretched out in the footpath in the shade .... The cool shade will help that your stomach does not blow up too bad, and if you lay straight in the foot path they do not have to break your legs to get you in the coffin. WackoWink 

Edited by Frans - 31 Dec. 2012 at 6:59am
Frans
Smithfield, South Africa
Tel 0794317256
sandusky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec. 2012 at 10:59am
Along the same line as the shrink wrap idea,we use press and seal from the grocery store for masking ,we first use either green or blue masking tape then wrap up to it with the wrap ,it lays down real tight and doesn't blow up when your paint gun blasts over it.it does leave a little bit of adhesive residue that cleans up with mineral spirits.
PhillipM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhillipM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan. 2013 at 6:28pm
I've used aluminum foil for masking wiring harnesses and lines.
dennisanvil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennisanvil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2013 at 12:28am
use grease on the parts that you dont want paint on. after painting wipe off the grease and the paint.
dennis
dennisanvil                   1948 cj2a, maker of tailgate hooks & hand forge iron ware
there not any knowen cure for jeep fever.
serial # 164136<
Haines Garage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haines Garage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2013 at 12:39am
A GOOD pair of duck bill snap ring pliers is a STAPLE of a Jeep rebuilders tool boxWinkLOL
sandusky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2013 at 1:38am
Yep Dennis,we used to do that to electric motors shafts and tag after rebuilding before paint,it worked great.
BigBroz2A_RIP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBroz2A_RIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2013 at 7:42pm
Was cleaning up after the holidays and thought what a great place to share this with you all. I have always heard a picture is worth a thousand words well I think that applies here.  Wink  Thumbs Up

Dave
P.S. welding cable, garden hose, audio video cables, drain snakes, ect.

Dave

Edited by BigBroz2A_RIP - 14 Feb. 2013 at 12:13am
Dave S/N 33484
Nashville retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haines Garage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2013 at 8:41pm
Now there is a man whom knows how to wrap his cords....That's a GREAT One!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBroz2A_RIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2013 at 8:44pm
Come on not even 1 thumb!

Edited by BigBroz2A_RIP - 14 Feb. 2013 at 12:14am
Dave S/N 33484
Nashville retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBroz2A_RIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2013 at 8:45pm

Edited by BigBroz2A_RIP - 14 Feb. 2013 at 12:15am
Dave S/N 33484
Nashville retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haines Garage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2013 at 8:47pm
Oh Snap......Sorry my friend, love it That's a 5'er all day long Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBroz2A_RIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2013 at 8:54pm
Thank You Scott.
It means a lot to me.
stay tuned there are others.
Dave

Edited by BigBroz2A_RIP - 14 Feb. 2013 at 12:16am
Dave S/N 33484
Nashville retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haines Garage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2013 at 8:57pm
One of my biggest pet peaves, is when someone grabs a cord, and wraps it around their arm
That is aThumbs Down

Don't know what that stuff is at the bottom of your postConfused

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBroz2A_RIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2013 at 9:01pm

One loop of rope and you can hang almost anything anywhere in seconds. Wink

Dave

Edited by BigBroz2A_RIP - 14 Feb. 2013 at 12:16am
Dave S/N 33484
Nashville retired
p3ferris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p3ferris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2013 at 4:07am
Originally posted by Haines Garage Haines Garage wrote:

One of my biggest pet peaves, is when someone grabs a cord, and wraps it around their arm
That is aThumbs Down

That is the fastest way I can get them rolled up.  Thumbs Up
Ed
cj2a lefty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBroz2A_RIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2013 at 4:11am

Nothing wrong with that if you keep the wire flat.

Edited by BigBroz2A_RIP - 14 Feb. 2013 at 12:17am
Dave S/N 33484
Nashville retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haines Garage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2013 at 4:19am
It winds the interior wires the wrong way, and then the cord won't coil NEATLY! How many cords are like that in the US my friend?....Wrap the cord on your arm!!..Haines Garage Thumbs DownThumbs Down. Twist it proper, like Indian JonesLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>