Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Wanted to Buy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Used and Defective Neoprene Rear Main Seals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Used and Defective Neoprene Rear Main Seals
    Posted: 28 Oct. 2011 at 3:02pm
To all who are currently rebuilding an L-134 (or F-134, or even 6-cyl L or F head) engine, or planning to do so.  I am trying to determine why some neoprene main seals are failing, and need your help.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What type of rear main bearing seal is/was originally in the engine?

If it's a Victor "VG 800093" marked neoprene, please DON'T TOSS IT.  I will pay postage costs if you would send it to me.

Was the engine running OK with this seal? Or did it run OK in the past, before you got it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you install a Victor neoprene seal only to find it caused hard to turn crankshaft?

If you decided not to use it, please DON'T TOSS IT.  I will pay postage cost if you would send it to me.

Did you use a Victor neoprene seal only to have it fail?

Please DON'T TOSS IT.  I will pay postage cost if you would send it to me.

Sean

Post Reply Post Reply