Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Product Review Forum > Electrical Group
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Walck's wiring harness.....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Walck's wiring harness.....
    Posted: 15 June 2008 at 4:56am
.......I know it's the correct cloth covered wire but does the kit come with the wires already run in the cloth looms too or would do you have to buy the looms and run that as part of the wiring job?.....I guess what I'm asking is how complete is it. (other than the aformentioned problems people have had with diagrams).....does the headlight harness come complete with headlight plugs?
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
del clear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote del clear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2008 at 5:02am
Roc

Darned if I can remember for sure, but I think the headlight plugs were on.  The cloth tubes were not an issue I recall, but I think I had to insert some of the shorter wires, at least through them, but it went without hassle.  The longer  ones, as I recall, were already encased

You'd better call him, though, because my memory is awfully erratic these days.

Going to tackle a spring replacement next week.  Wish me luck

del clear
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2008 at 5:18am
Originally posted by del clear del clear wrote:

You'd better call him, though, because my memory is awfully erratic these days.

Hey Del, sounds like your........uh, new companion has you distracted these days! (not that that is a bad thing) Big%20smile

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Dez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2008 at 5:42am
Yes they do come with headlight plugs already terminated Everything is terminated except the Park lights you have to splice them yourself. its a very nice harness other then the instructions are a little weary. Im going to start installing my harness tomarrow :)
bkreutz View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkreutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2008 at 5:46am
Roc,
    They come with headlight plugs and there is sheathing on them as well, I got some extra sheathing for the front turn signal wires but that's not a "standard" item anyway. Any more questions, fire away, it's still fresh in my mind. When you order the harness, I would suggest getting some extra push in ends that solder onto the ends of the wires, I shortened my frame harness as it was about a foot too long (maybe I ran it incorrectly, I put it inside the frame rails all the way from the master cylinder to the rear crossmember) so I shortened it down rather than having an extra loop of harness somewhere.

Edited by bkreutz - 15 June 2008 at 5:47am
Gale

47 CJ2A 142857
47 Bantam T3-C 16271

Photo page http://bkreutz.smugmug.com/
Lomar15 View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lomar15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2008 at 6:18am

Mine is still in the box it came in, Here are some pics of it, if you need any more of specific areas, I'd be glad to get them for you.

46 CJ2A #48777
42 MB Slat Grill 119898 Frame
51 M38 Body
42 MB #155950
Spen Trailer

http://picasaweb.google.com/lomar15CJ2A
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2008 at 6:30am
Hey thanks Bob, that was very helpful.....tells me about all I need, THANKS!

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Lomar15 View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lomar15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2008 at 6:33am
Your welcome Roc, it is a very nice harness, and a good price too,

Bob
46 CJ2A #48777
42 MB Slat Grill 119898 Frame
51 M38 Body
42 MB #155950
Spen Trailer

http://picasaweb.google.com/lomar15CJ2A
mrkringles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrkringles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2008 at 11:25am
I've used two of his wiring harnesses and am very satisfied with them.  I found the instructions good and Carl Walck very helpful if you have any problems.

John
1946 CJ2a (Finished)
1953 Willys Truck (Finished)1954 M38a1 (In progress)
del clear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote del clear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2008 at 3:01pm
All that's said comports with my memory--but, then, we all know what that's worth.

As I recall, you do have to figure out what "mercun English dialect" he is using in the directions, but once you decipher his "code" it does all fall together.  A time or two I had to "wing it" because it was easier than figuring out his language patterns, but I'll hand it to him, the instructions WERE correct, once I got on to how to read them

I'm with Gale in Seattle all the way--I did the same thing, including putting the loom inside the frame box.  It's nice and protected there, and I didn't have to fool with the clips and etc, etc.  I, too, did some trimming.  I do not recall any wire coming up short, although most were close to "right on".  You'll have no trouble if you take your time and hook up one wire at a time, in pretty much the sequence he suggests.  I did have some confusion  up under the dash with fuel gauge and some other interconnected wires that are there due to the simplicity of the wiring scheme, but I noodled through it.

Gosh, Roc--I didn't know that my personal vibrations made it all the way to Tuscaloosie--but you have it just about right.  Life is darn good right now!  It's great being 50 again.  Nope, I wouldn't go much further back than that!

Post Reply Post Reply