Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What did you do on your Jeep today - April 2018
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do on your Jeep today - April 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr. 2018 at 10:46pm
I got a lot done and I'm not done yet. I got the Front Clip all pulled off and stored until needed for Priming. I got all the Body bolts undone (WOW is it easier to do when everything is brand new LOL) I got them labeled as to the position each combo of parts goes. I got the straps hanging from the rafters and when my son showed up we ratcheted the Tub up high enough off the Chassis to roll it out from under and set the Tub on a pair of Saw Horses. SO I can start the last of the Body Filler work. Also got the whole shop floor swept and a bunch of parts organization and put away a couple arm loads of tools so I can find them.

Then I get to figure 0ut how to attach the saddle section of my rotisserie up under the Tub (its kind of heavy) while its on the Saw horses so I can finish the filler and have it ready to paint. 
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
redrunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr. 2018 at 1:36am
I finished the sanding of all the parts on it is getting a coat of primer on Tuesday.  I think I got the final shipment of parts to put it back together.

I have to bleed the brakes yet then all the frame off work is done.
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr. 2018 at 2:31am
I started and backed 3 from the pole shed, a short drive in each , warmest day since November here, and about time!.

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr. 2018 at 3:22am
Took 'Frankie' for a stroll.....with two grandkids. Lil sister just turned 4, her first ride in Frankie. Whenever I would crank it last year she was scared of it.

Today she couldn't get enough.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr. 2018 at 4:53am
Originally posted by ndnchf ndnchf wrote:

My son and his family came for the weekend. They twisted my arm and made me take them for a ride.

"Twisted your arm" and "made me" . . .   yeah right !!  LOL
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr. 2018 at 4:57am
Originally posted by rocnroll rocnroll wrote:

Took 'Frankie' for a stroll.....with two grandkids. Lil sister just turned 4, her first ride in Frankie. Whenever I would crank it last year she was scared of it.

Today she couldn't get enough.

Clap  
NCtoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCtoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2018 at 2:50am
Between yesterday and this afternoon I put my repaired radiator back in and tested for leaks. Found I still had a very small leak in the seam, so it got drained again  and a second attempt made at repair. Refilled it but didn’t have time to test run it to see it it holds water now. Maybe if I get a rain day this week I’ll get time to check it out. 
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2018 at 7:00am
Took the GPW for a spin around the neighborhood. First time it's been outside in nine years or more. Time flies when yer havin' fun. Or as the frog said, "Time's fun when yer havin' flies". LOL  BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2018 at 10:37pm
My '48 has a rifle rack, but I never use it. Just for fun, I decided to put a couple of my vintage rifles in the rack. I live in a small city, so drivig around with them is a no go. But they do look right at home.

1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2018 at 12:45am
My efforts consisted of checking the mail for my driver side Naco re-pop. I was not rewarded for my efforts.

Edited by nofender - 24 Apr. 2018 at 12:57am
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
NCtoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCtoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2018 at 12:50am
what caliber is the 1873? I’d love to have one. 

For my jeep activity today, I got home early because of rain. Last night I had refilled my radiator but not test run anything. So I got home, checked for leaks and didn’t see any. I started it upand set it to a fast idle to warm up while I went inside to change into some dry clothes. About the time I got back into the kitchen from changing, I could smell the antifreeze. I thought “how could it still be leaking?”  I went into the garage and there was antifreeze everywhere. The whole front of the jeep was covered, the wall was covered, the window was covered, and the floor was definitely covered. Turns out last night I had set the radiator cap in place but never tightened it down. When the thermostat opened it popped off and the fan did the rest. 

Oh well. It’s supposed to rain again tomorrow, maybe I’ll get another chance. 

ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2018 at 1:02am
Originally posted by NCtoy NCtoy wrote:

what caliber is the 1873? I’d love to have one. 

The model 1873 Winchester is in .44WCF.  The Remington rolling block is in .32 Extra Long rimfire. Both are wonderful rifles and very accurate with my handloaded ammunition.
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2018 at 3:52am
Removed the manifolds to repair broken bolt.

Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2018 at 4:57am
Originally posted by NCtoy NCtoy wrote:

Turns out last night I had set the radiator cap in place but never tightened it down.

Sounds like something I would have done. Embarrassed

ndnchf said "The Remington rolling block is in .32 Extra Long rimfire."  Any info on loading the rimfire?

Edited by Ol' Unreliable - 24 Apr. 2018 at 5:01am
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2018 at 12:23pm
"ndnchf said "The Remington rolling block is in .32 Extra Long rimfire."  Any info on loading the rimfire? "

I don't want to go way off topic here.  But I make reloadable .32 XL rimfire cases from .327 Federal Magnum brass.  They use either .22 shorts (with bullet and powder pulled) as a primer or nail gun blanks.  A detailed discussion can be see here:

Bill2A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2018 at 12:41pm
Very inventive. 
A lot to go through, but i like it!
Makes 32/20s seem so ordinary.
1946 CJ2A 14098
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2018 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Bill2A Bill2A wrote:

Very inventive. 
A lot to go through, but i like it!
Makes 32/20s seem so ordinary.

Yes, its a bit of work, but I enjoy bringing these and other old and oddball rifles back to life. I have a rolling block in .32-20 also, really sweet.  The .32XL and .32-20 are ballistically almost identical.
jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2018 at 1:22pm
'ol jeeps and 'ol guns... this country was built on those. That's as far as I will go in this thread. Don't want to offend anyone of the other party.

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>