Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What did you do on your jeep today? - July 2018
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do on your jeep today? - July 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What did you do on your jeep today? - July 2018
    Posted: 02 July 2018 at 11:24pm
A new month!

Yesterday I put 140 in my steering box and put the fender back on.
Spinnas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spinnas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2018 at 5:17am
Never seen this one before. So started the Jeep and let it idle a bit, shut it down. Little bit later tried to start it to move it and just got a starter spinning sound, no engaging of the bendix. pulled starter and said that looks odd. The bendix pinion gear was pushed through the collar about 1/2-5/8”. It was Sunday which is cruise the Jeep day and ain’t no one got time for that so I put it where it should go and welded it up. Works great. 
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2018 at 12:33pm
Got the old boy properly attired for the day's activities. Happy Independence day!
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
usmcpmi View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcpmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2018 at 6:37pm
'48 CJ2A/192948
'15 Wrangler Rubicon

Mark G.
usmcpmi View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcpmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2018 at 6:37pm
New exhaust system and wrap....
'48 CJ2A/192948
'15 Wrangler Rubicon

Mark G.
sparky13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparky13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2018 at 7:29pm
I ordered a bunch of parts from Walck's.  Now I have to sit and wait for them to come. 
Mark
1946 CJ2A
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2018 at 7:36pm
I started it up and moved it so I could cut the grass underneath. Left it running the whole time. When I was finished mowing I moved the Jeep back to its spot. 
Cinnabear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cinnabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2018 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by ndnchf ndnchf wrote:

Got the old boy properly attired for the day's activities. Happy Independence day!

Beautiful!!! Happy 4th man!
1947 CJ-2A Willys
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2018 at 8:53pm
Thank you sir.  I took it down to the Fredericksburg Heritage Festival car show and parked with my friend '45 MB. A nice way to celebrate our independence. 

1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2018 at 2:46am
I made pretty good use out of my bonus day off.

I got the Front Fenders and the Hood painted. I was going to do three full coats but after getting like 2.5 coats worth of paint on everything I ran out of steam. I have no doubt that theres enough paint on them to color sand out with 1500 and 2000 when I get around to it.

I also made 3 large racks of Pork Ribs 1/2 dozen skinless chicken thighs 6 Brawts and 4 hot dogs on the Treager grill. For a huge family dinner with the kids and grand kids.

Now I need time before I attack some peach pie and Ice cream. then sleep so I can go have another 11+ hour work day.

Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
Cinnabear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cinnabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2018 at 6:32am
Originally posted by Mark W. Mark W. wrote:

I made pretty good use out of my bonus day off.

I got the Front Fenders and the Hood painted. I was going to do three full coats but after getting like 2.5 coats worth of paint on everything I ran out of steam. I have no doubt that theres enough paint on them to color sand out with 1500 and 2000 when I get around to it.

I also made 3 large racks of Pork Ribs 1/2 dozen skinless chicken thighs 6 Brawts and 4 hot dogs on the Treager grill. For a huge family dinner with the kids and grand kids.

Now I need time before I attack some peach pie and Ice cream. then sleep so I can go have another 11+ hour work day.

I've been reading a lot of your project posts.....I get exhausted just sitting here reading....where do you get the energy, and can I have some?
1947 CJ-2A Willys
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2018 at 1:56pm
I have no idea where my energy comes from but I can tell you I have way less then it feels like I need LOL
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2018 at 3:54pm
I just drove it the 8.8 miles to work!
Other then the small section of road where it is 55 mph, which my Willys cannot do, the speed limit ranges from 25-45 mph.
usmcpmi View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcpmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2018 at 3:34am
Working on rebuilding the windshield frame. Ran into a few snags, my new sheet metal section should be in tomorrow. Ill weld it into place, but I need to find out if the angle of the frame is right first..

'48 CJ2A/192948
'15 Wrangler Rubicon

Mark G.
Spinnas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spinnas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2018 at 5:42am
Took the nieces and nephews for rides around the neighborhood yesterday and cruised around some more today.

RSR_MK View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSR_MK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2018 at 1:36am
pulled the head on sarge today. It’s the M38 I picked up on my barn shed and outhouse find. Don’t have a clue why but it’s stuck tight. I had it running, for a few seconds about a year ago. Don’t have fuel or water at this point just to started it to get a feel of what it needs. Looks good to me with the head off. I can still see the cross hatch on the cylinder walls. Photo is before any cleanup, just letting some Kroil do it’s creeping thing for a while. Will see where it goes from here. 

Any way it looks to me it’s a fairly fresh rebuild. I have no idea why it would lock up sitting in the shop. Pulled the starter and it looks good, popped the top on the tranny just to check that end; no clutch peddle mounted, and it looks good
In there but bone dry, bolts were not much more than finger tight. 

I knew this was a basket case some one had started to put back together and stopped. Going to be a fun project. 

Mike

NCtoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCtoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2018 at 3:21am
Built a fan shroud. It came out pretty good for being the first time I’ve tried something like that. By the time I was done and ready for a test ride to see if it ran cooler, it started raining. Maybe I’ll get a test run in tomorrow. 
jeepcj559 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepcj559 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2018 at 2:47pm

I drove our new jeep for the first time in the local 4th parade (Leesburg VA). she did very well in the 90 plus tems 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>