Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What did you do to your Jeep today December 2018
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do to your Jeep today December 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What did you do to your Jeep today December 2018
    Posted: 01 Dec. 2018 at 7:55am
Another new month is here, so what did you do to your Jeep today?

Me, I measured for a winter dust cover.
“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid.”
timcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote timcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec. 2018 at 8:51am
I was fortunate enough to share Saturday night with my wife and two of our grandkids in the local Christmas Parade in our hometown. We spent the morning decorating the jeep with a wreath, garland, LED light stringers, and an old jeep Christmas card that I had printed to poster size. There were a lot of family and friends who came out to cheer the old guy on. My 4-1/2 year old grandson said, "This was the best day ever grandpa". 

My oldest son is usually pretty solid with my camera, but tonight he was off his game. Oh well, it's fun to relive it.

1946 CJ2A #69376

Chula Vista, CA

berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec. 2018 at 8:40pm
I put the battery back in a started it up. Let it run as I cleaned all the garbage in my Cherokee.
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec. 2018 at 4:24am
Took it out for my 20 mile Sunday loop. Contemplating what is most in need of repair. I have decided to go after the king pins and steering box. Sure the transmission pops out of first and I think it makes a lot more noise than it should. But that won’t put me in the ditch. And the right front wheel looks a little tilted. 
usmcpmi View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcpmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec. 2018 at 12:36pm
Took a drive into town for some 30w and lunch. Ran fine the whole way. I have a question though, I am running a solex carb and it's a pain to get started. No choke, just the "enricher". Once it's running, it really goes! No hesitation, no bogging down. Any ideas? 
'48 CJ2A/192948
'15 Wrangler Rubicon

Mark G.
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec. 2018 at 1:35pm
"This was the best day ever grandpa". 

That is really great!! Thumbs Up Good job Grandpa!
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
blademaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blademaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec. 2018 at 4:37pm

Might as well add a MB grill to this hodgepodge We call "The Jeep" No wonder I'm confused on Tech posts. This is a poster child for interchangeable willys parts
timcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec. 2018 at 10:56pm
Thanks a lot. It made his year, I think.
1946 CJ2A #69376

Chula Vista, CA

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2018 at 12:24am
It was yesterday when I put blankets on the seats because it is so cold LOL

Actually it rains inside my Jeep so to keep the seats dry I put garbage bags down.
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2018 at 1:53am
Originally posted by berettajeep berettajeep wrote:

It was yesterday when I put blankets on the seats because it is so cold LOL

Actually it rains inside my Jeep so to keep the seats dry I put garbage bags down.
Rains in mine also Dennis. I need a Jeep house. 
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2018 at 2:31am

Think ya got that ammo can secured enough there?  LOL
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2018 at 5:14am
Originally posted by Mike F Mike F wrote:

[QUOTE=berettajeep]
Rains in mine also Dennis. I need a Jeep house. 

Me too! One that can hold 4 Jeeps! ( At least 4 LOL)
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2018 at 5:16am
Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

LOL Those chains were on the floor under the rear seat but they were still getting wet. I put them on the ammo can in hopes they would stay dry.
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2018 at 5:50am

Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

LOL Those chains were on the floor under the rear seat but they were still getting wet. I put them on the ammo can in hopes they would stay dry.

Good luck with that this time of year Dennis. But if you really wanna keep em dry take em somewhere where cedars don’t grow
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2018 at 8:26pm
I finished rebuilding the brake on the long shaft side of the Empire tractor we picked up, now working on the shirt side.
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec. 2018 at 5:12am
Bought it somethings a  couple days ago and received them today. Gaskets and bolts, nothing that exciting LOL
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec. 2018 at 6:47am
I got my tool box lid bolted on, as well as made part of the tubing that will protect the tail light wiring.  Other then that I am still cleaning and organizing the shop. All in prep for the big assembly.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec. 2018 at 5:29pm
I moved to the front of the house this morning. Although it is cold outside the sun is suppose to be out all day, figured I'd try to let it warm up instead of growing mold on it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>