Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What did you do to your jeep today?  November 2018
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do to your jeep today? November 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What did you do to your jeep today? November 2018
    Posted: 01 Nov. 2018 at 6:38pm
Another new month is here.....I worked on the continuing master cylinder brake problems, with hopefully the end in sight.
“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid.”
eestes1 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov. 2018 at 7:04pm
Actually yesterday, I mowed the 2 fields in front of our house with Scabby my 48CJ2a and DR tow behind mower. Might need a chaff screen.

Rick Estes
usmcpmi View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcpmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov. 2018 at 9:36pm
Took Veronica down for the annual inspection. Hopefully tomorrow I can finally get the license plates. 
'48 CJ2A/192948
'15 Wrangler Rubicon

Mark G.
jaksjep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaksjep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov. 2018 at 3:18am
I walked past JAKSJEP in the garage and felt soooooo guilty for not taking it out for a ride.  It was 83 degrees today and is supposed to be 85-88 tomorrow.  Maybe a quick trip tomorrow can be a possibility.

Edited by jaksjep - 02 Nov. 2018 at 3:25am
My posts are my personal opinion and are not legal advice as I am not an attorney. If you act on any of my comments you do so at your own risk.
Jerseyhawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerseyhawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov. 2018 at 9:55pm
I had to call Walcks in Pa. this afternoon for a new intake manifold for my 46 CJ-2A. It had a crack in it, and one of the ears was snapped off trying to replace the intake and exhaust manifold gaskets. Oh well, mess with old stuff this happens. I ordered a few other parts to, PTO boot and retainer ring, hood stops, parking light lens, etc. I can see plenty of business between them and me in the future.  LOL

Glenn
He who toils here, hath made his mark.
usmcpmi View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcpmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov. 2018 at 3:20am
Veronica is finally street legal! Picked up her new Marine Corps Veteran plates today! Semper Fi!
'48 CJ2A/192948
'15 Wrangler Rubicon

Mark G.
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov. 2018 at 5:50am
Took the motor out. Put a new clutch on. Then took the pan off and knocked the dent out of the front of it. Not much of a dent. About a quarter inch. The front counter weight on the crank was working on making a vent right there. Knocking it out should cure the tick I was getting every time it came around. then I pulled the one exhaust stud that was leaking water. Put it back in with permatex. As long as it was out I went ahead and put some marks on the timing cover and pulley for timing. Should be good to go when I get it back in. 
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov. 2018 at 6:54am
Worked on my Tire/Fuel/Pioneer tool rack/swing today. Omce again I have found a awy to make something way over complicated.

Looks like I will end up with a storage area behind the mounted spare tire. Looks like I have room for a spool shaped space 5" wide x 12-13" in Diameter. Granted I would have to pull the Space to access it. But would be a good place for a length of tow strap, Jumper cables, Rope, etc.

Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
Grumpy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov. 2018 at 12:37pm
Thought about working on the oil leaks. Then I think about doing the same thing and expecting different results. 
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov. 2018 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by Grumpy1 Grumpy1 wrote:

Thought about working on the oil leaks. Then I think about doing the same thing and expecting different results. 

LOL

ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov. 2018 at 10:14pm
I got the siren installed today to round out my Civil Defense Air Raid Warden impression. At car shows, kids will love to crank it. But I may come to regret it LOL

1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov. 2018 at 10:31pm
I removed these lights to go with something smaller in the hood.

tamnalan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamnalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov. 2018 at 12:04am
I didn't do anything.  My jeep is in a different zip code than me.  :(
Alan Johnson
1942 MB - "TBD"
1943 MB - "Lt Bob"
1950 cj3a
M-100 x2
teardrop camper: https://forums.g503.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=201740
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov. 2018 at 12:25am
Originally posted by tamnalan tamnalan wrote:

That sux Mr. Johnson.. Muley

Edited by RICKG - 05 Nov. 2018 at 12:34am
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov. 2018 at 12:43am
I'm pretty sure my jeep doesn't have a thermostat. As an interim measure I was playing around with different size cardboard pieces in front of the radiator to keep temps around 180 - 190 in cold weather. It seems like a piece that covers about 1/4 to 1/3 of the radiator will do the trick.

I was also curious how accurate the temp gauge is. A few months ago I picked up an inexpensive infrared thermometer from Harbor Freight. After pulling up a long hill and into the garage, the temp gauge was about 190. I grabbed the infrared thermometer and pointed it at various locations. The top radiator tank was 187-189. The head next to a spark plug was about 210, other areas of the head were about 195. The metal fuel line just exiting the pump was about 100. The exhaust manifold was around 550!  Mainly, I was pleased that the temp gauge was pretty accurate. For around $20, the infrared thermometer is a pretty neat tool.

1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov. 2018 at 2:07am
Originally posted by tamnalan tamnalan wrote:

Sadly, your jeep is two time zones away from you.  Cry

Edited by Ol' Unreliable - 05 Nov. 2018 at 2:09am
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
banjobees View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote banjobees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov. 2018 at 11:04pm
Since 2013 I've wanted to be able to crank start my CJ2A. Finally got all set up today and it worked great on warmed-up engine. Major thing holding me back was that it lacked the proper crankshaft starting nut. Got one from RonFitzpatrick, and two-part crank from Walck's. Lots of help from CJ2A members!
CJ2A page info:
g503 info:
 Removing crankshaft pulley nut without an impact wrench:
  Joe DeYoung demonstrating safe way to hand crank:

Dave R.

'46 CJ2A
tamnalan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamnalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov. 2018 at 1:22pm
It's fun to hand-start our motors!  My starter started acting snotty a few years ago, so I thought what the heck?!  I'll just use the crank.

Your motor will sense how desperate you are for it to run, at which point you'll both realize who's the boss in this matter.
Alan Johnson
1942 MB - "TBD"
1943 MB - "Lt Bob"
1950 cj3a
M-100 x2
teardrop camper: https://forums.g503.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=201740
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>