Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What did you do to your jeep today?  November 2018
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do to your jeep today? November 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Special Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov. 2018 at 5:55pm
I used to have a 1929 Model A Ford that I hand-cranked for a while (until I got the starter rebuilt).  You sure learn what to do with the choke, throttle and spark advance (all driver controls on the Model A) to make it start well!  I got where I could almost always start it on the 3rd pull (unless the points were burned...)
Bob

Flatfender wannabe
'71 Ford Bronco
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov. 2018 at 6:00pm
I thought it would be fun to run out of gas on the bridge going to Astoria. The one lane each way with NO shoulder to pull over at. Of course there was a bunch of traffic. Luckily my girlfriend was following me and pushed me to the only pull off, where the bridge operators park to lower and raise the bridge.

Tuesday is acting like Monday for me so far.
cpt logger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov. 2018 at 7:11pm
Dennis, That girlfriend is a keeper!

Once in 1977, or so,  I used my VW Baja to push a Chevy pick up off of that same bridge. We hooked my tow bar up to his hitch & I pushed him clear off of the bridge. IIRC, The toll was for only one vehicle. He paid.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov. 2018 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by cpt logger cpt logger wrote:

Dennis, That girlfriend is a keeper!

Once in 1977, or so,  I used my VW Baja to push a Chevy pick up off of that same bridge. We hooked my tow bar up to his hitch & I pushed him clear off of the bridge. IIRC, The toll was for only one vehicle. He paid.

That must have been the Astoria-Megler bridge from Washington. I won't drive on that bridge with my 2A yet. The bridge I was on is the Youngs bay river bridge.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov. 2018 at 10:32pm
Here is the bridge I was on. The Astoria-Megler is straight ahead. On a clear day you could see it from here. Astoria is seen on the right.

Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov. 2018 at 3:34am
Lest I end up like Dennis. I took the old girl out and bought her a brand new tank of gas. Dad told me more than 40 years ago “it don’t cost anymore to run on the top half”. He was always kinda snarky like that when he would have to come and save me. 
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov. 2018 at 3:43am
Originally posted by berettajeep berettajeep wrote:

I thought it would be fun to run out of gas on the bridge going to Astoria.

You were mistaken about that "fun", I take it.  Confused
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov. 2018 at 5:11pm
Replaced the LED lights with smaller ones in my hood. 

nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov. 2018 at 5:44pm
Nice job on the lights! 

During lunch, picked up my trailer tub from blast and prime. Looks good. Few weak spots to fix. excited to unload it tonight and get a closer look! 
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
jaksjep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaksjep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov. 2018 at 12:50am
Walked by it again in the garage while doing laundry.  Maybe I'll take it out tomorrow when I pick up my grandson at school...

My posts are my personal opinion and are not legal advice as I am not an attorney. If you act on any of my comments you do so at your own risk.
3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov. 2018 at 2:38am
" src="blob:https://www.thecj2apage.com/e69a4202-365d-4cfb-95ab-381e632a45a4" alt="20181107_120800.jpeg" type="application/x-apple-msg-attachment" class="Apple-web-attachment Singleton Apple-edge-to-edge-visual-media" style="font-family: Helvetica;">Trust a Willys Wagon on a trail counts. First off road trial of a wagon. Different in several ways than my 3A. Some better, some worse.
3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov. 2018 at 2:39am
Think my pic didn't work... oh well, I'll try something else.
3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov. 2018 at 2:57am
3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov. 2018 at 2:57am
sorry upside down, don't know how that happened

Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov. 2018 at 3:05am
That what I always say when I’m up side down. Don’t know how it happened. Don’t worry about it only the good ones keep going when the wheels are up
redrunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov. 2018 at 3:07am
I think I finally have good brakes with no leaks!Thumbs Up
“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid.”
cottonwood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cottonwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov. 2018 at 3:41am
being able to stop is aways a bonus
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov. 2018 at 4:53am
Originally posted by redrunner redrunner wrote:

I think I finally have good brakes with no leaks!Thumbs Up
Those are my favorite kind of brakes
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>