Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What did you do to your jeep today?  November 2018
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do to your jeep today? November 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov. 2018 at 12:10pm

Originally posted by 3A Steve 3A Steve wrote:

sorry upside down, don't know how that happened

When you get a picture the right way round tell us how I have the same problem. The wagon looks good, I have to lock iPad screen to view 
notzach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notzach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov. 2018 at 2:24pm
I haven't had a chance to work on the jeep this week, but I did get a lot done around the new shop. I picked up a floor jack and a few jack stands from HF yesterday and moved a bunch of tools out of my house to the new shop. I should be able to drive or tow the 3B to the shop at some point this weekend.
- 1944 MB "Norm"
- 1960 CJ-3B
jaksjep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaksjep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov. 2018 at 12:01am
FINALLY!!  Fired up JaksJep and picked up my grandson from school.  We took it on about a 20 mile ride around the valley.  It was way beyond fun!!!
My posts are my personal opinion and are not legal advice as I am not an attorney. If you act on any of my comments you do so at your own risk.
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov. 2018 at 2:49am
It was sunny all day today so I washed it. Been super windy and all the pine needles are on everything.
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov. 2018 at 5:28am
Originally posted by berettajeep berettajeep wrote:

It was sunny all day today so I washed it. Been super windy and all the pine needles are on everything.

woulda been a fine morning for jeeps on the beach. If I only had a carburetor that does what it’s supposed to do. These Solex things are strange. It’s the last piece of the old motor. Everything else. Has been rebuilt or replaced. Idles great I suspect it’s a jet problem. I would tear into it if I had a sheet that was legible. No matter got a new one on order. It’ll be here Saturday.  
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov. 2018 at 10:40am
covered mine in plastic to keep the sawdust off of it while we finished up building my porch. Already cold here - flurries last couple days. I think my driving days are over. 

I did manage to do some work on the trailer. assembled the hitch assembly and touched up the paint on a few pieces. 

Welcomed an orphaned M-416 to the garage. Actually not orphaned. Doing some work on it for a good friend. 
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
notzach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notzach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov. 2018 at 2:44pm
I've had a pretty successful weekend. The 3B is at the shop and I've started cleaning it up. I spent yesterday cleaning off the 6 months of spider webs and grass clippings it's collected while on the farm.

I've also started removing the carb and adding the new fuel pump. I'm optomistic about getting that finished this week.

- 1944 MB "Norm"
- 1960 CJ-3B
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov. 2018 at 5:51pm
I should at least get a tarp to keep the needles off the Jeep.

Brian3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov. 2018 at 4:45pm
Used mine like a yard tractor to move some tires around.  Fired right up even at 1 C. Smile
I wish people would quit hittin' me on the head. MQ
SpringerKing View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpringerKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov. 2018 at 4:39pm
It has been a few weeks, but after coming home to a house that smelled of gasoline, I siphoned out the gas tank (after just filling it completely) and removed the seats and gas tank from the jeep. 

Winter plans are 
- repair/replace gas tank
- reupholster the seats 
- rewire the Jeep (either making my own harness or purchasing... unsure yet)
- body repairs

hopefully I can get it all done before the spring thaw.   
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov. 2018 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by berettajeep berettajeep wrote:

I should at least get a tarp to keep the needles off the Jeep.

Wilson just got booted out of garage for a couple weeks while working on a project.    This is quick-and-dirty cover I sewed up using a tarp.

No need to tie it down because it attached at the hood latches.    Fastening there also makes it easier to put on.    Start by clamping the front first,   then pulling the rest over.    A plain tarp is hard with one person.

blademaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blademaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov. 2018 at 3:12am
Got my main shaft together, installed main roller bearings, installed shaft, checked synchronizers...all was good...drove home cluster gear shaft and reverse shaft locking plate..wired it into place...ready to accept transfer case and Herms overdrive tomorrow...
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov. 2018 at 3:41am
Had jury duty all day yesterday and until 3:30 today got home at 4:00pm picked some Button heads I needed to finish assembling the Air tanks. And thats about it.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov. 2018 at 10:36am
It's 5:30 Saturday morning. What I will be doing in an hour or so is driving about 15 miles west of town to meet a buddy with a 1945 MB for breakfast. It's 30 degrees out, should be fun. Oh, he has a '42 GPW in storage that he's going to show me too.
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov. 2018 at 2:28am
I was going to hook up a vacuum gage and see if the new Solex carburetor can be adjusted that way. I soon realized that I would need a port on the manifold to hook the gage up. The Jeep was already running so I just took it. The nearest parts store is about 6 miles round trip.  But there’s another that’s closer to 10 so I went to that one. Needed a 1/4 mnpt x 1/4 barb fitting. Things went fine except for getting lost on the way back. I dug out the gage and went to hook it up and found out that what is labeled on the package is not necessarily what’s inside. I now have )2) 1/8 mnpt x 1/4 barb fittings.  No problem I have another errand to run so I’ll just take the Willy’s again and get the right fitting on the way back. Not wanting to be tricked again I’ll stop at NAPA. This will be about a 30 mile trip. Again the Jeep did fine. She’s got a lot of drive train noise. I was kinda expecting it. Got home with right fitting. The only problem I’ve found ( other than excessive noise) is when shut down it seems to be passing fuel. When you come back to it it smells of gas and it’s flooded. So tomorrow when I get back to it I’ll turn the pressure regulator down a notch. See if that don’t cure it.  PS. I had it up to 60 on a speedometer app. 50 is comfortable. 
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov. 2018 at 4:57pm

Got the gage hooked up and she dona wanna start. It is a cold and frosty sunny Sunday morning. Chickens won’t even come out of the coop. 

Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov. 2018 at 5:46pm

She was just teasing me this morning. Waited about 10 minutes pulled the choke and fired right up. 
Ended up at 20 in vacuum about 1/8 out from where it shipped. 

Edited by Mike F - 18 Nov. 2018 at 5:58pm
Spinnas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spinnas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov. 2018 at 9:15pm
Nice Mike, that’s a good number!

I threw the new shoes(7.50-16 PowerKing Super Traction II on 16x6 Allied/Raceline Wheels with 2.75” BS) on and took the rig for a short cruise. Awesome weather in southern AZ today.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>