Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What did you do to your jeep today?  October 2018
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do to your jeep today? October 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct. 2018 at 2:47am
If there were rules, a flatfender would get waved at first.  Smile 
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct. 2018 at 1:28am
I took my jeep to Gettysburg, it deserved a little vacation.

1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct. 2018 at 3:48am
Your Jeep looks good there!  Thumbs Up
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct. 2018 at 12:35pm
Looks great! I'd love to make the trip back to Gettysburg. One of the most fascinating weekends I"ve ever had. I need to make it back. 
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct. 2018 at 1:19pm
Today will be a 35 mile guided, vintage jeep tour of the battlefield and some less travelled spots. It's cloudy, but dry in the 50s. Should be a fun day!
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
Doodledad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doodledad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct. 2018 at 10:40pm
 I remember my parents taking me to Gettysburg, loved it. I still have the .58 caliber bullets I got at the store. It would be cool to take the Willys there. I never knew they did a vintage Jeep tour. Your Willys looks good!
46 2A 29938 (unrestored driver)
51 3A "Wilma"
55 3B Fountain
47 2A Yard Art
97 XJ “Lafaunduh”
00 TJ RockCrawler "Hooker"
13 Rubicon JKU "Alice"
48 C2A Eileen
00 TJ frame off resto “Stacy”
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct. 2018 at 4:16am
Gotta do what you need to do. Both of my parents were dead and I just checked my bank balance. I can do it. People wondered how I could afford a $38,000 motorhome. I suppose I have two houses now. I just don't worrey.

Edited by Unkamonkey - 21 Oct. 2018 at 4:18am
uncamonkey
Steelyard Blues View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelyard Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct. 2018 at 2:49am

I spent the last two days grinding, hammering, bending, straightening, shaping, cutting and welding a bent up, cut up, beaten up, twisted, rusted, broken pile of metal I got off of eBay and turning it back into a set up steps.

Micah

1947 CJ2A 106327, Engine J109205, Tub 97077. Luzon Red

https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/steelyard-blues_topic41024_post397981.html?KW=micah+movie#397981

1965 Johnson Furnace Company M416 #6-1577
Bridog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct. 2018 at 3:13am
Nice work Micah! I spent the last two days doing the same, just kinda in the opposite direction by taking a perfectly good Dana 44 axle shaft and twisting it up at Kansas Rocks Recreational Park. Then I pulled, pounded, and grinded the broken pile of metal out of the air locker and installed a replacement shaft in it's place. You have a lot more to show for your two days of work than I do!

EMyers View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMyers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct. 2018 at 3:29am

Installing new inner seals deserves a Disassembly Bock

CJ2A 18450

https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/46-cj2a-18450_topic41246_page1.html

Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct. 2018 at 12:52pm
Working on a few extra parts that I’m going to change in the winter.The rear shaft on the Jeep was loose in the splines making a  noise when coasting .Found a good use one and replaced the u-joints. Also going to restore the MB steering wheel for my Jeep.

1946 cj2a 59108
1998 Jeep Cherokee 2 doors
2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
EMyers View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMyers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct. 2018 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Gil Gil wrote:

Working on a few extra parts that I’m going to change in the winter.The rear shaft on the Jeep was loose in the splines making a  noise when coasting .Found a good use one and replaced the u-joints. Also going to restore the MB steering wheel for my Jeep.

Nice wheel. What’s the plan on cleaning the plastic? 

CJ2A 18450

notzach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notzach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct. 2018 at 3:41pm
The weather finally cleared up enough so I could swing out to the farm and put the restored gas tank back in the 3B, I need to put some gas in it and move it before my buddy starts harvesting Christmas trees.

I also took a peak at my friend's 50's truck that's on the property. I'm pretty sure the motor is stuck and it needs a ton of work. I may have another project.
- 1944 MB "Norm"
- 1960 CJ-3B
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct. 2018 at 4:31pm
Also going to restore the MB steering wheel for my Jeep.

[/QUOTE]

Nice wheel. What’s the plan on cleaning the plastic? 

What I do I grind the imperfections out with a die grinder and use epoxy and sand it down to repair the imperfections.After that I use epoxy primer and paint. I use the same colour as the Jeep.In my paint I use harder for better durability.Here are a few pictures of wheels I restored.One is for a CJ2A and the other is a M38.

I also use a cutting wheel to center the center of the wheel to sand and  make a perfect edge for the center of the wheel.

Hope this help.

Giles

1946 cj2a 59108
1998 Jeep Cherokee 2 doors
2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
EMyers View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMyers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct. 2018 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by Gil Gil wrote:

Also going to restore the MB steering wheel for my Jeep.

What I do I grind the imperfections out with a die grinder and use epoxy and sand it down to repair the imperfections.After that I use epoxy primer and paint. I use the same colour as the Jeep.In my paint I use harder for better durability.Here are a few pictures of wheels I restored.One is for a CJ2A and the other is a M38.

Hope this help.

Giles

Wow, nicely done! That is museum quality work. Thanks for tips. 

CJ2A 18450

berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct. 2018 at 8:36pm
Well it is not what I did to my Jeep today, it was yesterday. The story:

I brought a pressure washer (P.W.) home from work that I took apart and cleaned. The water pressure is not the best, being at the top of the hill so this P.W. would not properly operate at work. Tried it at home and it is fine. Cleaned the Willys from leaves and ashes. ( There was either a camp fire or house fire nearby, ashes were everywhere.)

Anyhoo I noticed a cigerette butt next to my Jeep. Not from me or my girlfriend. I asked her childeren ( 14 and 11 ) if they did, only after I kept repeating they would not be in any trouble that I was more concerned who was next to my 2A that is behind the house. Both girls swore it was not them.
Being between the house and the Jeep on dirt that I recently put around the house someone threw it there. The way the area is around it could not have blown into the yard.

eestes1 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct. 2018 at 9:15pm
Drove him to a local store and bought (the) 2 big Lottery tickets!😉
Rick Estes
redrunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct. 2018 at 2:03am
I started back on the dual master cylinder again with a phone call to the manufacturer to check on residual valves at will cause problems with the disk brakes.
“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid.”
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>