Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What did you do with your jeep today -January 2019
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do with your jeep today -January 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2019 at 12:43pm
So you get the BS there as well. The newscasters were all running around with doom and gloom forecasts. I got 1/2" of snow.
uncamonkey
Doug Timme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Timme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2019 at 2:49pm
As sad as it is, I pushed my 48 in to the back corner of the garage to make room for the latest stray that followed me home (not a CJ).

Edited by Doug Timme - 19 Jan. 2019 at 4:07pm
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2019 at 10:16pm
This morning I rearranged the back yard a little to have a place to put the parts Jeeps I bought.

Mike F from the page here has been trying to help me out by searching for a trailer and offering his time so I can bring them home. He is having no luck either. Unfortunately not having my own trailer is making it difficult getting them from the sellers house to mine.

cpt logger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2019 at 1:09am
Dennis, You can rent one for one day fairly cheaply. I have one you could borrow, but the trip to pick it up & return it is a bit far. If my brother in Beaverton still has his, would it work for you, or is that still too far? I would vouch for you with him. 
Steelyard Blues View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelyard Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2019 at 1:19am
It was a nice day in Reno. I wanted to go out in the hills and do some plinking.

I went over to mom’s house to get the Jeep. The Jeep had been there since November. I pulled the battery already and had it all charged up. She wouldn’t crank. Had to jump it. Got her going but she wasn’t charging. Drove her over to my house.

I cleaned all the terminals and she cranked over on her own. I made sure the diode to the alternator was working. All was good. Pulled the alternator and had it tested. Dead. Under warranty but not in stock. Had to go to another store. 

Got it in and she is charging. That killed the whole day. Having a cup of coffee now. I have to go cover her up since tomorrow we have rain and snow forcast.

I miss driving my Jeep. Maybe next weekend but the highs are only in the 40s. It was near 60 today. 

Damn.

Micah
1947 CJ2A 106327, Engine J109205, Tub 97077. Luzon Red

https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/steelyard-blues_topic41024_post397981.html?KW=micah+movie#397981

1965 Johnson Furnace Company M416 #6-1577
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2019 at 1:25am
Well because I couldn’t find a trailer to go help Dennis. I went ahead and did most of the plumbing for the heater install. Right up to the last fitting at the water pump. Only thing I could find at the time time was a straight one. Straight won’t work it hits the oil filter bracket. I found a 45 and it will be here Monday. 
After I hit the wall on the plumbing I went on to put the new choke and throttle cables in and then put all the grommets in to seal up firewall
Woulda been a good day to move Jeeps. More fun than trying to get to stuff under the dash.
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2019 at 2:01am
I cut exhaust bends to start making the tubing part of my Tri Y design header.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
NCtoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCtoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2019 at 3:46am
I looked at my transmission only to realize I better get to collecting parts for a rebuilt sooner than I thought. Maybe it will hold together for a while.
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan. 2019 at 1:37am
Got the heater plumbed up yesterday. It was after dark when I finished. Warmed it up and took it out for a ride. Got to the end of the gravel road. The wipers won’t come on. Decided I better turn around and figure it out. When I did the head lights quit. And the alternator ain’t alternating. Wirings a mess.  It was on the list. Looks like it’s moving up. But the heater works great. So there’s that. And the lights started working again. 
Tonight I fixed the wipers. I had knocked the wires off the switch when I was under the dash running the heater wire. Tried my ride again. Now the motors cutting out. 
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan. 2019 at 2:04am
Tonight I mated the T90 to the D18. I can call this project done.

1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan. 2019 at 10:38pm
Trying to find 4 good rims to make a extra set for my Jeep.Removing them from my part Jeep with the help of my Kioti tractor.

1946 cj2a 59108
1998 Jeep Cherokee 2 doors
2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
usmcpmi View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcpmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2019 at 4:25pm
What's with all that "white stuff"? Shocked
'48 CJ2A/192948
'15 Wrangler Rubicon

Mark G.
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2019 at 3:33am
The white stuff is expanded water. 

Sometimes known as "fluffy water".  Smile
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2019 at 5:26am
I worked on my header some more. Nothing worth looking at it looks pretty much the same as it has for the last couple days. But its now Welded to the 4 in line flange and feels like a solid piece. It won't be until I weld the main flange on which will wait a while as I can move the bottom of the tubes a little and I might need to when lining things up down steam.

More details in the Project thread.

Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2019 at 6:33am
With the help of a co-worker, I brought one of the two CJ2A's I bought a few days ago home. Big smile
Nothing Special View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Special Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2019 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

The white stuff is expanded water. 

Sometimes known as "fluffy water".  Smile

When I was much younger a friend of mine had a party at his house.  He has a big hill in his back yard and it was winter, so we were told to bring sleds.  As the party went on (no alcohol involved, honestly!) it seemed like it might be a good idea to bring out his cheap plastic Coleman canoe and slide down the hill in that.  

We decided that was white-water canoeing!
Bob

Flatfender wannabe
'71 Ford Bronco
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2019 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Mike F Mike F wrote:

Decided I better turn around and figure it out. When I did the head lights quit.  

Sounds like you're right, your wiring is suspect, but, whenever my headlights quit, I stomp on the high beam switch a few times. The internal contacts can corrode and intermittently cut power to the lights. Yes, cuts power to high and low beams. The high beam switch is just as unreliable as the repro starter switches.
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2019 at 4:56pm
Me and another flat fender guy went for a 1.5 hour patrol around the area this morning. It was about 22 degrees. We were pretty comfortable, except one hand. My mitten had a cut in it that let in the cold air. So after I got home I sewed a patch on it using my 103 year old treadle cobbler's sewing machine. Problem solved.

1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>