Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wheelin for Toys at Kansas Rocks Park - Event Date: 09 Dec. 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Wheelin for Toys at Kansas Rocks Park
    Posted: 05 Nov. 2017 at 3:02pm
The Kansas Rocks and Recreational Park will be having it's annual "Wheelin for Toys" event on Saturday 12/9. This is a great day of wheelin in the Midwest while also collecting toys that will later be delivered to kids that will be oh so excited to get them. I have attached a link to the park's website where you can get more info and pre register for the event if you want to. The park's insurance requires vehicles to have a hard top or roll bar to access the trails. We will try and hit the trails by 9 am and head home mid afternoon.  Brian

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov. 2017 at 3:09pm
BAM BAM and I will be there
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec. 2017 at 12:36am

..... more
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec. 2017 at 12:42am

MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec. 2017 at 12:57am

pictures at Rockfest on Friday:

..... more

MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec. 2017 at 1:01am
More Rockfest:

MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec. 2017 at 1:14am
Great cause and great photos.
Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec. 2017 at 1:18am
Looks like fun!!! Wish I could have been there.
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec. 2017 at 1:38am
Looks like fun and somebody lost part of their parking brake drum. BTDT. Rough ride home.
uncamonkey
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec. 2017 at 3:34am
man, that looks like so much fun!  Almost enough to make me put a roll bar in GusWink
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec. 2017 at 5:34am
wow! You guys were rockin’ it big time. Love it.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
Bridog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec. 2017 at 12:44am
Wade and Jeff joined Dad, Dylan, and myself for an afternoon of wheelin' at my parents land last Friday afternoon before heading to Krocks on Saturday. Here is some footage of us having fun doing some of the more adventuresome wheelin' found on this forum.

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec. 2017 at 12:55am
I love it at 1:40 in the video. Rojo comes up corkscrew with no driver .... then Dylan appears!
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec. 2017 at 12:55am
most excellent! Dylan, you are killin’ it in Rojo!  You got that manual transmission figured out already; you’re driving it like a pro.  I can’t wait to wheel with you guys again.
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
Bridog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec. 2017 at 4:37am
Originally posted by Rick G Rick G wrote:

most excellent! Dylan, you are killin’ it in Rojo!  You got that manual transmission figured out already; you’re driving it like a pro.  I can’t wait to wheel with you guys again.

Dylan is getting the hang of the T18 pretty well...except reverse. His arm is not long enough to reach the reverse position. It is quite comical to see him drive up all kinds of obstacles and then have Rojo stuck on level ground nosed up to a tree. Perhaps a gear shift modification is in Rojo's near future. 

We are looking forward to wheelin' with you again Rick. Maybe this Spring we can find a wheelin' spot in the Midwest that does not require a roll bar. Or you and Donalee could bring ole Gus up, we could outfit him with a roll bar that can easily be taken in and out, and then go wheelin'.

Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec. 2017 at 7:33am
Let him grow up a bit. Pretty soon he will probably be driving better than you do.
uncamonkey
Bridog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec. 2017 at 2:41am
Here is the action that took place on Saturday at Krocks during the Wheelin' 4 Toys event. We had a blast! Thanks Jeff and Wade for coming over and letting us show you our play areas. Bam Bam and Cowbell did an exceptional job negotiating their way through the trails.

smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec. 2017 at 2:52am
This was some awesome wheeling. I got a little puckered myself sitting here in my chair watching both Brian and Jeff teeter on that crack obstacle. 

Blueberry looks good in his Rudolph costume.

Thanks!
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>