Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Product Review Forum > Electrical Group
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

which repro harness is best?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec. 2017 at 12:20pm
This is an old thread I've resurrected.

I've been reading up on new wiring harnesses and seen multiple comments about undersized wiring in the headlight circuit on some harnesses.  Most of these comments are 5 - 9 years old and discretely fail to mention the source vendor of these incorrect harnesses. The OP of this thread asked about this also, but none of the replies specifically say that their new harness has all the correct gauge wire. There seem to be plenty of fans for both Walck's and Vintage Wiring of Maine and that's great to hear.  

So I'll be discrete also, and not ask the source of the incorrect harnesses.  But what I'd like to know is if anyone has bought a new harness recently (2017) and confirmed that all wiring is of the correct gauge and has the proper color and tracers.  If so, who was it purchased from?

Thanks,
Steve

1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
chasendeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasendeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec. 2017 at 2:45pm
Steve
I bought one this summer from the guy on here who makes them. It was a very nice setup and very good pricing. It is in the member created parts section. 
Jay
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12