Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Wanted to Buy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Willys Cj2A or CJ3A in Indiana

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Willys Cj2A or CJ3A in Indiana
    Posted: 08 Nov. 2017 at 11:32pm
looking to buy:
In good to fair condition no rust, The engine in good working condition, transmission and transfer case in good working condition, stearin box in good condition, break in good working condition, front seats in good conditions. Located in Indian would be great! My budget is 10k 
lhfarmbt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhfarmbt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov. 2017 at 12:16pm
I think with that budget I'd be looking around the mid-west at least.  Spend some time at ewillys.com to see what jeeps are bringing (or more correctly what is being ask) in various parts of the country.  Might be worth a road trip (and the expense of transportation) to get just the right one.

Barry
https://www.farmjeep.com/
Chris H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov. 2017 at 7:21pm
yes sir
Most Willy CJ2A I’ve found seem to be in Michigan 
Im alway checking out
Willyforsale.com
Carsforsale.com
Old car online
Ebay.com indiana
Craiglist indiana

old_dog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old_dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov. 2017 at 8:35pm
Chris, You might want to look in the For Sale section of Kaiser-Willys.com. There is a 1944 MB just listed for $6900 in Bloomington. Sounds like it might meet your criteria. I  am also looking for a 2A/3A/M38 with a little lower budget. 
Chris H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov. 2017 at 9:58pm
hello old_dog
I saw that ad this afternoon I’m a little concerned about the smoking while idle, gas tank and gear oil leak I like everything else about the 1944 MB cross country.
I’m kind of digging this 1946 CJ2A column shift but he sent me some more picture it’s got a little rust and the paint not very pretty. He wrote in his ad best offer so I was think $7500

Edited by Chris H. - 09 Nov. 2017 at 10:27pm
old_dog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old_dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov. 2017 at 12:35am
There does seem to be a good supply if you don't mind travelling a little way to get a 2A or 3A.
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov. 2017 at 2:55am
Looks to me like a lot of people think their old Jeeps are made of gold.  That black one above will need to have the 2A carved out of all the Bondo.
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov. 2017 at 4:38am
Yeah, I have an old lady friend who thinks her rear is plated in gold. I still talk to her but not very often.

Edited by Unkamonkey - 10 Nov. 2017 at 4:40am
uncamonkey
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov. 2017 at 5:13am
I own the 1944 MB that's currently for sale. Feel free to PM me with questions.

For 10k you should have no problem finding a perfectly restored CJ2A.
 Post Reply Post Reply