Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Willys Jeep CJ2A -46 project | Governor things

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerseyhawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct. 2018 at 9:14pm
What a great job. Ever since I joined this site I have been amazed at all the talented people and work turned out. Simply great.

Glenn
He who toils here, hath made his mark.
PLO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov. 2018 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Tartone Tartone wrote:

Awesome looking jeep!  Just started my own project and hopefully I will get mine looking like yours over time.

Thanks alot! Its a really fun machine and project to work on so I hope that you will complete yours, because in the end, all hard work you put down is going to be worth it! :)

Originally posted by Jerseyhawg Jerseyhawg wrote:

What a great job. Ever since I joined this site I have been amazed at all the talented people and work turned out. Simply great.

Glenn

Glad to hear that, thanks Glenn! I agree! I have received a lot of inspiration and help from this site. The knowledge here is amazing!
PLO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov. 2018 at 6:13pm
Need some help.. How should the wiper motor be mounted in the window frame? Or do I have the wrong motor or missing something? It feels wrong as it looks now..

Edited by PLO - 08 Nov. 2018 at 6:16pm
LuzonRed47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuzonRed47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov. 2018 at 7:26pm
PLO--beautiful restoration, thanks for sharing! I've driven in rural Sweden and always thought it would be a great place to own a Willys jeep. Your photos prove it!

CJ2A #140275 "Ziggie" (purchased new by my dad in 1947)
ACM #124334
CJ3A windshield, Warn Overdrive
1953 Strick M100 trailer
Serial #18253
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov. 2018 at 2:33am
Originally posted by PLO PLO wrote:

Need some help.. How should the wiper motor be mounted in the window frame? Or do I have the wrong motor or missing something? It feels wrong as it looks now..

I don't have one of those, but from others' pics, it looks right in your photo.  I think you're missing a bracket between the w/s inner frame and the wiper motor, though.  At least, I think I've seen a bracket there in some pics.  However, I could be totally mistaken.  That's a really nice Jeep, w/s wipers or not.  Thumbs Up
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
DonH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov. 2018 at 3:03am
The motor is mounted with the round side up as you have it, but your motor is not from a CJ2A. Take a look at the photos in this guide and you will see the type of bracket needed. The motor is mounted to the bracket and the bracket is attached to the windshield frame with two screws that go into the threaded holes in the bracket so you will need two additional holes in the frame. The hose connection should be pointing to the left.

DonH
1946CJ2A
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov. 2018 at 11:52am
I juts rebuilt mine a few months ago using that rebuild guide.  It works quite well now.

1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
PLO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb. 2019 at 8:50pm
The CJ2A is just waiting for summer and got the rims sandblasted and painted + tyres on the rims. Just gotta mount them. So now it will look alot better then last year.

mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb. 2019 at 1:38am
Nothing like a new pair of shoes Thumbs Up
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
1988YJ7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1988YJ7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb. 2019 at 4:50pm
The non directional on the old Jeeps make it right!
Great job on a beautiful old timer.
Matt Miller
Arsene Wenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arsene Wenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb. 2019 at 10:34pm

I have a little sidequestion here I hope someone maybe can answer. I was at my friends garage today and he bought this Willys on a auction here in Sweden. And we wounder if these numbers match or missmatch? Here are some pictures. Last service stamps in the windsheld from 1975. 
He is the second owner on this Jeep. The guy before him had it for over 40 years before he passed away. 

Yearmodel in the papers says 1946

S/N 22833

Body tag S/N 22833

Frame tag S/N 22833

Tailgate ACM S/N 13100

Tub ACM S/N 13101

Engine S/N CJ-2A 23684

Engine casting S/N 638632 W3

This is a very very nice Jeep that your friend has.  !!! All numbers seem correct. He is a lucky fellow !! 
The Deeper the Foundations , The Stronger the Castle.

Arsene Wenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arsene Wenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb. 2019 at 10:35pm

Now its alive! And it feels amazing! First run was a blast! 

My brother has done a extremely good job with the electrical system, everything works great. 

Tomorrow all liquids will be changed, and some minor fixes.. like clutch adjustment and having problem with some vibrations on the tub.. 

The only thing left is to get the right rims painted and tires on. But it runs and I can enjoy it now Big smile

Need get the right towing hook also.

Very nice photos !! You have done a great job 
The Deeper the Foundations , The Stronger the Castle.

PLO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Arsene Wenger Arsene Wenger wrote:

Very nice photos !! You have done a great job 

Thanks Arsene! Big smile
PLO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 5:03pm
This weekend I changed tyres on my jeep and helped my friend to change the clutch and adjust the valves on his machine, then we took the jeeps for a spin! It was the first ride this summer, and it was amazing!Cool We drove to my brother and his girlfriend to cut down a tree, fun day overall. Here are some pic's to enjoy!

LuzonRed47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuzonRed47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 12:33pm
Bra gjort! Your 2A looks great--thanks for sharing details of your project!
CJ2A #140275 "Ziggie" (purchased new by my dad in 1947)
ACM #124334
CJ3A windshield, Warn Overdrive
1953 Strick M100 trailer
Serial #18253
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 4:37am
X2!  Thumbs Up
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Raj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 3:10pm
ho everyone

New to this site.  I have bought 48 cj2a and it's in really bad condition.  I have bought reproduction frame and issue that I have is that it's 29 inch wide and original or according to the manual it's should be 29 1/4 inch wide.  How do I fix this any ideas.  Million thanks in advance

Raj
damar2yxr View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damar2yxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 4:23pm
Hello Raj, welcome to the site. Go ahead and start a thread in the "Your Jeep project" forum and introduce yourself. Pictures are a big help. If your frame is off 1/4" it may not be that big an issue. You may end up making slight adjustments along the way.Big smile
eat,sleep,jeep

Proud father of a Marine, Army Dentist, Navy Pilot and a Princess. LIFE IS GOOD!
43MB,47CJ2-A,48CJ2-A X2,70Jeepster Commando 1/2 cab,84CJ-7,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>