Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Willys Picnic, Show and Swap Meet - Event Date: 11 June 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Willys Picnic, Show and Swap Meet
    Posted: 12 Jan. 2017 at 1:25am
The Great Willys Picnic, Show and Swap Meet

Sunday, June 11, 2017 from 9 am - 4 pm at the Wanamaker, Kempton & Southern Railroad located in Kempton, Pennsylvania

It's time to plan for the 18th annual Great Willys Picnic, Car Show and Swap Meet, mark your calendar now. All vehicles are welcome: stock, modified, projects, CJs, Wagons, Trucks, Jeepsters, Military, Cars and even GPWs! Every pre-1970 Willys vehicle is eligible to win door prizes. This show has grown into the largest Northeast Willys event. Over 87 vehicles and hundreds of enthusiasts were present at last year's picnic. There is plenty of space for selling your spare parts in the swap meet area. Bring your Willys memorabilia and interesting parts for show and tell. Be sure to arrive early because at 3:00 PM the door prize winners are announced and awarded. Bring your own picnic lunch or purchase food at the refreshment stand.

The Picnic will be held on the grounds of the Wanamaker, Kempton & Southern Railroad http://www.kemptontrain.com located in the scenic village of Kempton, Pennsylvania. This is a great setting to display our classic Willys vehicles, as well as entertainment for the entire family. Also on-site is the Schuykill & Lehigh Model Railroad Club's HO model train display.

As always the Willys Picnic, Show and Swap is free. Plan to take the optional train ride for a very reasonable fee. Click here for directions to the RR http://www.kemptontrain.com/directions/

See the website for any updates http://www.cj3a.info/picnic
was1257 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote was1257 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan. 2017 at 12:49am
Is anyone in the lower bucks county pa. Area driving to the picnic?
I will be driving my '46 cj2a up.
Maybe we can convoy up.
Please let me know and we can make arrangements to meet
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan. 2017 at 4:54am
It might be too early to say for sure, but

will there be a Rausch Creek "pre-game show"? Smile
Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan. 2017 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by JeepFever JeepFever wrote:

It might be too early to say for sure, but

will there be a Rausch Creek "pre-game show"? Smile

I'm up for another pre-game show. Any others interested?
Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb. 2017 at 12:32am
Be sure to put this show on your calendars!!!
windyhill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windyhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb. 2017 at 8:57pm
I'd love to make it to this show one of these years!  Looks like a blast!Clap

'48 CJ2A
'53 CJ3B
'59 CJ6
'65 CJ5
'67 CJ5
Doodledad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doodledad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar. 2017 at 1:52am
I'm in. A buddy and I will be there for the second time! It was a grest time, loved the people, variety of Jeeps and the train ride! We are hitting up Bantam show in Butler pa on that Saturday then Great Willy. It would be nice if they were separate weekends..... just sayin
46 2A 29938 (unrestored driver)
51 3A "Wilma"
55 3B Fountain
47 2A Yard Art
97 XJ “Lafaunduh”
00 TJ RockCrawler "Hooker"
13 Rubicon JKU "Alice"
48 C2A Eileen
00 TJ frame off resto “Stacy”
Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar. 2017 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Doodledad Doodledad wrote:

It would be nice if they were separate weekends..... just sayin

I agree. It's too bad, after changing dates several times, the Bantam Festival seems to have finally settled on the same weekend as the Willys Picnic. When they first started in 2011 the Festival was in the Fall. The Willys Picnic has been on the same weekend for 18 years.
pilot195 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilot195 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar. 2017 at 12:30pm
Thanks for the heads up!  I've added to our calendar Thumbs Up
Jim
'46 Willys Jeep CJ-2A
USAF retired
Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar. 2017 at 1:55pm
Can't wait to see everyone again this year!!!! 
3-48s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3-48s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar. 2017 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Bob W Bob W wrote:

Can't wait to see everyone again this year!!!! 

X2
1945 CJ2A #10536
1948 CJ2A #176528 "Elmer"
1948 CJ2A #155970 "Gray Mule"
1948 CJ2A #155365 "Old Yeller" (GONE)
BANTAM T3C # 6147 (GONE)
BANTAM T3C # 30856
windyhill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windyhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar. 2017 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Doodledad Doodledad wrote:

I'm in. A buddy and I will be there for the second time! It was a grest time, loved the people, variety of Jeeps and the train ride! We are hitting up Bantam show in Butler pa on that Saturday then Great Willy. It would be nice if they were separate weekends..... just sayin

I here ya!  We also fight weekends each year with a big WWII weekend here in Reading and the local Kempton Fair.  But I've been to the Bantam show and it's great but by sat evening I remember lots of folks packing up and Sunday was pretty cleared out...perfect time to head east for Sundays picnic!!!WinkClap

Edited by windyhill - 09 Mar. 2017 at 4:15pm
'48 CJ2A
'53 CJ3B
'59 CJ6
'65 CJ5
'67 CJ5
JeepSaffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepSaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar. 2017 at 7:46am
So, I am posting a shout out to all members on all the upcoming tour threads, in the hope that I can get some help shifting oversized parts across the country. Big smile

I will be in Vancouver, Canada, and surrounding areas (including Banff, and possibly Calgary) from mid-June to early July 2017. This is an opportunity for me to collect a few oversized parts and bring them back to South Africa with me as hand-luggage, which has multiple benefits to me, mostly related to saving the costs of international shipping of bulky items and potential damage of items en route. However I need to get the parts to Vancouver in the first place.

The items I am referring to are 
1. A steering wheel, currently located with a forum member in WI, USA.
2. A set of top bow main bows, currently located with a forum member in NJ, USA

If anyone from Vancouver/Calgary, or Seattle/Portland/Washington State area is attending any of the upcoming tours, and likewise anyone from WI or NJ, I'm hoping it will be possible to coordinate a hand-over these parts and get them ideally to Vancouver, or possibly Seattle or Calgary. I would be greatly indebted.

I have 2 months to hatch a plan, failing which commercial shipping to Vancouver is my next best option.

Please let me know if you are able and willing to assist.

Best,

Mike
1948 CJ2A #204853 in South Africa
Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar. 2017 at 2:22pm
I can bring stuff from the Willys Picnic to the Spring Willys Reunion if that will help.
3-48s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3-48s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar. 2017 at 1:57pm
The Great WILLYS Picnic is right around the corner and I have my room booked and I cannot wait reunite with some of the best JEEP folks I know. Maybe we can start a "WILLYS Picnic Wish List" for the flee market so we know what folks need for their projects & we can bring the right goods and leave the unwanted stuff home.
Space can be at a premium when loading up my wife's small SUV, however if I have a treasure that someone is in need of I am always glad to stuff it in there if I can.
1945 CJ2A #10536
1948 CJ2A #176528 "Elmer"
1948 CJ2A #155970 "Gray Mule"
1948 CJ2A #155365 "Old Yeller" (GONE)
BANTAM T3C # 6147 (GONE)
BANTAM T3C # 30856
HCAT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HCAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar. 2017 at 2:19am
Breakfast in Kutztown before the Picnic if anyone is interested.
Dave
44 Willys MB
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar. 2017 at 3:03am
Originally posted by HCAT HCAT wrote:

Breakfast in Kutztown before the Picnic if anyone is interested.
Details?  The Mrs. and I will be 20 minutes east in Macungie....
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
Doodledad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doodledad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar. 2017 at 8:40am
That's a great thought on the swap meet. It sure is a lot of work loading in unloading all that stuff tonight get rid of it. On another note I do wish there were more or different options for food at the picnic. A food truck offering breakfast items would be kick ass!!!
46 2A 29938 (unrestored driver)
51 3A "Wilma"
55 3B Fountain
47 2A Yard Art
97 XJ “Lafaunduh”
00 TJ RockCrawler "Hooker"
13 Rubicon JKU "Alice"
48 C2A Eileen
00 TJ frame off resto “Stacy”
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>