Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wilson does a Christmas Parade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wilson does a Christmas Parade
    Posted: 23 Dec. 2018 at 1:52pm
A local town held its first Christmas parade since 1960.   A Facebook group I am member of entered some Jeeps.   I felt a little out of place among the lifted lighted new Jeeps,  but still had fun.   My 3 year-old granddaughter rode with me.

This photo was taken during the lineup.

willyt View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willyt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec. 2018 at 2:22pm
I hope you were the leader of the pack! Wilson was here long before the others and, probably, will be here long after they are gone.
1952 CJ3A (Lil'Green)
early M38A1(Ole Green)
1970 Jeepster Commando
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec. 2018 at 2:36pm
Very cool. I agree, Wilson should be leading the parade!
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec. 2018 at 3:38pm
Just the opposite,   we were almost dead last !!  Only that lime green one was behind us.

Actually,  being last worked out very nice . . . for a few reasons.
 1) my granddaughter was waiting for me at the start of parade route.   So she got to see almost the entire parade before I arrived,  then she got to ride the route.
2)  SANTA very close behind us
3) at the end,  I did not have to get jammed into a parking lot to wait for parade to end.   I could simply drive back to the beginning where the trailer was parked,  BEFORE everything got crowded. LOL

Saving the best for last.  Wink

Steve,  you should do this next year.  In Culpeper.   Is was actually nice for the 1st year,  probably will only get better.

ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec. 2018 at 3:53pm
Glad it worked out well. Remind me next year!
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
mikec4193 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikec4193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec. 2018 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by JeepFever JeepFever wrote:

A local town held its first Christmas parade since 1960.   A Facebook group I am member of entered some Jeeps.   I felt a little out of place among the lifted lighted new Jeeps,  but still had fun.   My 3 year-old granddaughter rode with me.

This photo was taken during the lineup.

Making memories with the grand kids...that is what it is all about....looks like you had fun with it too..

MikeC
I am the squirrel....
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec. 2018 at 1:24pm
Gr8 Shot! Thx 4 sharing!!
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
 Post Reply Post Reply