Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Forum How To's
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows 8 ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows 8 ??
    Posted: 14 Feb. 2013 at 7:13pm
I'm about to go to Best Buy and rent a "Geek" for $49.00 an hour to show me how to include pictures in my posts.  I have been trying for a week to figure this out, along with the Icon mystery.  There must be a level of basic computer knowledge that only I cannot master.  I have read all of the "helps" where other poor souls have attained enlightenment but I cannot seem to duplicate their success.  Every time I think I am on the right track something that is apparently simple shuts me down.  For instance, "type in the URL of the photo location," sounds simple unless you don't know what a URL is or where to find it.  When I leave the forum to go look for it I am washed up the creek to the next problem and before long I am defeated again.  I have managed to get a photobucket account and actually resize the photo I wanted to use but now it is stuck right where it lives and I can't go and get it.  All my friends say it is easy, just cut this and paste that or drag this over to there or right click it and then I tell them I have windows 8 and the help evaporates.  I'll be back after the "Geek" leaves and post what I find out so maybe some other member doesn't have to enjoy all of this fun.  Thanks   
T. Nick
If it's not broke, work on it till it is!

48 CJ2A #192834 "Grunt"
russnj View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russnj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb. 2013 at 8:09pm
So far with my time in windows 8 you want to work from the desktop icon, that seems to bring you to a windows 7 and earlier style of menus and windows. Once you get to the "desktop" the how to's listed in the help forum should work.

43 MB, 48 CJ2A, 50 CJ3A, 55 M38A1, 56 CJ5, 79 M151A2, M100 ,65 M416
 Post Reply Post Reply