Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Wanted to Buy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

windshield to cowl latchs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delcom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: windshield to cowl latchs
    Posted: 13 Apr. 2018 at 8:54pm
I'm nearing the completion of my cj2a restoration and can not find the proper latches and hooks for the windshield to cowl. I have the original latches BUT I have lost the hooks that bolt to the instrument panel on both sides. I purchased new latch kits from Kaiser Willys but they are wider at the mount holes and the hook pieces are completely wrong. I know that this is a 3b windshield frame on a 2a. Anyone have or know where to get 2 hooks ?  HELP

Del
Columbia Ca
delcom
46 cj2a
minnow1193 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minnow1193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr. 2018 at 1:27pm
If you're looking for the CJ2a hooks, I can send you these off my parts Jeep. PM me if that's what you are looking for.

Steve

Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr. 2018 at 2:39am
"I purchased new latch kits from Kaiser Willys but they are wider at the mount holes and the hook pieces are completely wrong."

Huh. Imagine that.  BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
 Post Reply Post Reply