Home

The CJ2A Page Message Board

(Click RELOAD after posting to see your message.) 

NOTE: I am cleaning out the Message Board, and am creating a new page called Questions and Answers that contains information gleaned from this forum.

Questions and Answers | Return to The CJ2A Home Page
Re: Body Rotisserie

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The CJ2A Page Message Board ]

Posted by rocnroll on December 24, 2002 at 14:42:02:

In Reply to: Posted by on December 24, 2002 at 11:31:27:

I built mine using like two engine stands. That way, when it's not in use for the intended purpose, you have a couple of stands to use in other ways. The longer I have it, the more 'attachments' I come up with to hold something in the stand to work on it. Just let your imagination run wild. I've got one fixture to just bolt a fender to. That way you can do bodywork at a more convienient height and angle. Another handy apparatus would be to hold a front or rear axle while working on it.

But, in answer to your question. I mount the rear of my tubs in two different ways. The 'handiest' and most universal way is to use an old beatup tailgate with the 'fixture' part (a short piece of pipe to fit in the engine stand) attached to the tailgate mounted off an old junk tire mount bolted to the center of the tailgate. In this way the tailgate will just bolt to the tub in the normal way (I also substitute bolts through the tailgate chain holes at the top)

Probably the best though is to just build your 'fixture' to, like you suggested, be offset at the bottom. Mine reaches in under the back of the tub kinda like two hands would if you were picking up the rear of the tub. And attaches at the two rearmost body mounts.

Just use your imagination....hope this helps.

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The CJ2A Page Message Board ]